Talk About Superyachts.

Jan 2, 2017
O'Day & Islander 322 & 37 Scottsdale, AZ & Owls Head, ME
I did mean gobsmacked. Darn spellcorrector.
Just think of all the good he could have done with that money. I don’t begrudge him a nice yacht but that’s way over the top.

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
I think I'd feel better about JJ's yacht if the Cowboys could win a F'fin football game. Otherwise I don't really care how others choose to spend their fortunes, where they keep their toys or who is on them.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
I think I'd feel better about JJ's yacht if the Cowboys could win a F'fin football game. Otherwise I don't really care how others choose to spend their fortunes, where they keep their toys or who is on them.
I've been a Cowboys fan since the Landry/Staubach days. Watching them these days is painful. Jerry isn't too happy either

RoyS

Jun 3, 2012
Hunter 33 Steamboat Wharf, Hull, MA
We should not criticize flamboyant spending by Billionaires. Their lifestyles serve as an incentive to all of us to work harder. I would make a great billionaire. I would have the Rolls, uniformed chauffeur, mega yacht, castle, race horses, private jet, you name it. I would be an inspiration to all of you and I only lack the billions to pull it off. Can't continue with this, I have to go shovel the driveway.

Jan 2, 2017
No snow to shovel, but I could use some roadies for my gigs. That 54lb amp is getting heavier every day. :(

Jun 7, 2016
Catalina C30 Warwick, RI
I know I'll never understand it and I'm sure if I was a billionaire my feelings would be much different given the change in perspective, but for me my dream boat is the biggest one I can sail and comfortably handle with 2 people. Once you cross the threshold into needing a crew just to even go for a day sail, then I'm not interested.

Now a maintenance crew when in port is a different story, that I am happy to hire the help for with a larger boat, but sailing, handling, docking, mooring, anchoring, etc... should never be more than a 2 person job in my book.

Jan 18, 2016
Catalina 387 Dana Point
ontherocks83 has it. Why would I want the size, the extra folks, when I just wanna sail with one other person? (or a few friends)

Never understood the draw for the "personal cruise ship" as I wouldn't want the hired help around, the limitations on dock space, anchoring depth, etc.. But, peoples are peoples.

Private aircraft is a completely different matter. Hell yes I'd pay the big $$ to never go through the insanity that airports currently are if I had the $$. (Fly JetSuiteX once and you'll know what I say is the truth)

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Just think of all the good he could have done with that money. I don’t begrudge him a nice yacht but that’s way over the top.
Just think of all the good he did do with that money. A lot of people got paid to build that thing. Not to mention operate, maintain and fix it. I'd rather see a billionaire spend their money than hoard it.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Sep 30, 2013
1988 Catalina 22 North Florida
Just think of all the good he did do with that money. A lot of people got paid to build that thing. Not to mention operate, maintain and fix it. I'd rather see a billionaire spend their money than hoard it.

-Will (Dragonfly)
You nailed it, Will. Spending money IS doing good with it. Spending makes economies grow. Spending creates jobs, and jobs create prosperity.

My only issue with these things is the fuel they burn. I'm a global warming skeptic and all, but ... DANG.

Jan 2, 2017
I'd rather see a billionaire spend their money than hoard it.
I suggest that hoarding it isn’t the only other option. Carnegie gave organs to hundreds of church’s and built libraries all over the US. The Gates Foundation is helping to fight world hunger and disease. Yes, building and maintaining a mega-yacht creates jobs but to what purpose? Inflating an already oversized ego.