Greta Thunberg sails back to Europe on La Vagabonde

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
I like my window of arrival... How do I state that in your terms @JamesG161?

Is there a Win Place Show? I think they will show in that time window?

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Do you want a do over? And what about your Over/Under?
No!
Although, there does seem to be some information about a conference date that I didn't seem to have, when I made my assessment.
Anybody notice TROPICAL STORM SEBASTIEN in the south Atlantic, perhaps headed their way?
Not stopping in Burmuda to let Sebastian roll by does throw my assessment off, so My "under" is 5 days earlier; if I'm understanding this over/under concept correctly.
Perhaps trying to sail through Sebastian is why they'll need to stop in the Azores for that part that takes so long to get to them.
Greta, will have to catch another ride out, to make her conference. However, she doesn't seem to have any problem with time travel, as evidenced by a photo of her taken in 1896,
so she'll get to her conference on time.

-Will (Dragonfly)
Apparently, this time travel theory is a real idea running around the Internet. Huh!?

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
so My "under" is 5 days earlier
Does that count as a do over? or maybe a Do Under? How many mulligans should we give as people expand their knowledge or learn more about the conditional factors surounding this adventure. Should there be a limit?

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Belliure 41 Sailing back to the Chesapeake
This is sick, jus' sayin'... But I'm in...

I'm in the under group!

dj

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
It doesn't sound like I got this over/under concept. This isn't like a point spread?

-Will (Dragonfly)

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
Does that count as a do over? or maybe a Do Under? How many mulligans should we give as people expand their knowledge or learn more about the conditional factors surounding this adventure. Should there be a limit?
Do it like other sports bets - the early line is December 9th. If all the guesses, I mean predictions ;), come in “under” the line adjusts to an earlier date, and subsequent bets are made against the revised line.

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
It doesn't sound like I got this over/under concept. This isn't like a point spread?

-Will (Dragonfly)
Not exactly. The Over/Under is just a bet that the result will be on one side or the other of a preset amount (December 9th in this case is where James set cutoff).

May 25, 2012
john alden caravelle 42 sturgeon bay, wis
well they fixed the roller furling jib. the steering system has gotten stiff. they are checked down to let weather pass by ahead.
i'm still feeling good about being under

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
ok the bet is BEER. So far we have about 8 BEERS bet.
_____
Do it like other sports bets - the early line is December 9th. If all the guesses, I mean predictions ;), come in “under” the line adjusts to an earlier date, and subsequent bets are made against the revised line.
:plus::plus:

So I bet OVER, If all you UNDER betters lose , i collect the bets and then the next ETA is established.... hic hic hic.

Now there may be odds, since the haul is shorter. Hic hic hic...

Jim...

PS: Oops BEER releases CO2! Burp.. How Dare we!!:beer:

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
I count all you guy are UNDERS so far..
4- Under edit:; for add on odds - 8 beers bet
1- duhhhh
1- Push
1- Over ... me:cool: --- edit: my cover is total 5 beers

17 knot winds on beam reach and 4.7 knotso_O

My 43' would be doing 7.5 knots.

PS: I will edit this post for the bet counts.:beer: