DSC00450  As I had mentioned previously, you need some sort of a mast crutch to hold the mast up off the cabin while you pin the tabernacle.   A small roller in the mast crutch will allow you to roll the mast forward or aft. 
I was fortunate to get a full stern rail on my new O'Day 222 only because I requested it.   They only install about 20 of these on these boats that year so I'm told.

I had a welder make me up that mast crutch to my existing rail.  He only charged me about $230 back then I think.   I built that wooden crutch and later added the roller.    My friend Wayne Barlow gave me the idea of having a roller in the crutch.  I had been lifting my mast and walking it back to the crutch and putting it in place-- like a dumbbell.  Heck it's easier to roll it back and forth.
Joe11688

DSC00450 As I had mentioned previously, you need some sort of a mast crutch to hold the mast up off the cabin while you pin the tabernacle. A small roller in the mast crutch will allow you to roll the mast forward or aft. I was fortunate to get a full stern rail on my new O'Day 222 only because I requested it. They only install about 20 of these on these boats that year so I'm told. I had a welder make me up that mast crutch to my existing rail. He only charged me about $230 back then I think. I built that wooden crutch and later added the roller. My friend Wayne Barlow gave me the idea of having a roller in the crutch. I had been lifting my mast and walking it back to the crutch and putting it in place-- like a dumbbell. Heck it's easier to roll it back and forth.

There are no comments to display.

Media information

Album
Gin Pole pics
Added by
Joe11688
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata