ZZZAAAPPPP Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Joe Passanisi

Alrighty now!!! I had the boat hauled at 10:am this morning. No damage to the hull or outboard. However all the electronics were fried. The antenna was literally disintergrated. All that was left was the metal casing bottom half. Coax cable was OK. The yard said Luckly I was not killed seeing as the voltage passed through my feetalong the bottom of the hull. Apparently the lightning hit just the antenna and did not exit the hull. No exit marks. Believe me I checked all over the bottom of the hull along with the adjuster and the yard people. I speedily went out and bought a new antenna, radio, depth finder and digital volt meter. I had the boat back in the water by 1pm. I finished the installation of electronics while boat was in water. Well looks like my vacation plans are a go after all. Thanks for your input. Joe Passanisi

R

Rob Rich

That's good news...

I have followed your posts about the restoration of your boat Joe, and was sorry to see you get hit by lightning. However, it ain't half bad to get brand new electronics on the insurance company's dime! Afterall, that's why we pay premiums, right? Have Fun! Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.