Zwaardis table pedestal problems....

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tom Boles

I have a Zwaardis table pedestal on my Vision 32. The hardware looks great, but I have a problem with the knob that tightens the table hardware to the tube of the pedestal. The knob is frozen in place. I have found that the knob is hollow, that the top pops off and one can see the head of a bolt sunk into the plastic. I also found that the metal casting is screwed & glued to the bottom of the table, making it fairly difficult to remove the piece from the table to get at the backside of the bolt. So: has anyone played with a Zwaardis table system? Can I get to the backside of the adjusting bolt if I take the casting off the table? Does it make more sense to cut the plastic of the knob off the bolt, put a wrench on it and go from there? Or would it be better to drill the bolt & use an Easy-out to get the thing out? Any and all help would be welcome! Cheers!

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
Tom, I'm not sure, but

I'd disassemble the table from the base, remove it from the floor and see what you have. I completely disassembled mine to have it chrome plated, which dresses it up a lot. Good luck. RD

T

Tom Boles

Yeah, I may have to go that route...

I've sent a message to Pompanette LLC, who appears to sell the Zwaardis hardware here in the US ($600 for the 4 piece set!). Maybe they will have some insight. I'm leaning toward the cut the plastic from the knob approach, as it looks like the table mount is glued on with GOOP, which may make it very difficult to remove...

Status
Not open for further replies.