Zodiac transom

Jun 16, 2011
Catalina 350 Rock hall
Good morning all, I have begun removing rotten transom on our 2004 zodiac 310. Has anyone here and done this before?
My questions:
1- what does the edge of the transom look like I am trying to remove it gently but would like some insight
2- it seems polymarine adhesive is best any expierence ?

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
That is a serious repair. I would give Annapolis Inflatables a call - they are a Zodiac repair facility.

Jun 16, 2011
Catalina 350 Rock hall
I did and its pretty pricey, besides this is the whole point to do things you have not done

Jun 16, 2011
Catalina 350 Rock hall
Excellent s2 that is what I'm looking for
Removed transom last night.
I was most curious about adhesive and was thinking 5200 glad it works seems would be easier than two part adhesives and more available. What is the black piece you added yo rear?

Jun 23, 2014
S2 11.0a Muskegon
That black piece was on the original transom, it's just a protective piece of plastic. Protective from what I'm not really sure.

Sep 8, 2014
Catalina 22 Swing Keel San Diego
I have been working on mine, but the wood is not rotten. Just coating wood with epoxy and regluing where transom joints were coming loose, then painting. The recommended adhesive for that is G-Flex epoxy. Check this website for adhesives and other repair materials;
http://www.nrs.com/product/50215.01/gflex-655-8-epoxy-adhesive

Watch the video on this page, Inflatable repair adhesives guide. It details types of adhesives for patches and epoxy on the transom. Even if you don't buy from them the videos are the best I've seen.