Zodiac Inflatable Water Discharge Orifice Question.

Jul 29, 2006
-Catalina -2000 36' Pepin, WI
I pulled my Zodiac inflatable out after 6-7 months storage. When I pulled transom plug out, both the sleeve & plug came out as one piece. I was able to separate sleeve from plug. Plug goes into sleeve, sleeve should be attached some how to transom hole. What glue should I use to glue plug sleeve into transom board??? Thinking of using gorilla glue on OUTSIDE of sleeve because it gorilla glue requires glueing surface to be wetted to fully activate the glue. Looking at the interior transom hole surface (the sleeve gets glued some how into this orifice) I can't tell what material type I am trying to glue the plug sleeve into. What to do? What glue should I use? Your suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks.

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Pearson 530 Admiralty Bay, Bequia SVG
I just recently replaced both plugs in our Zodiac. It is so much easier to replace the whole thing than remove the floorboards and replace the little flapper valve when it gets old. You should clean the hole and use silicon to hold them in so you can easily replace them if needed.

Oct 29, 2005
Hunter Marine 326 303 Singapore
Its PVC dinghy and plastic sleeve right? How about HH-66 Vinyl Cement?

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
The transom core is wood so you want a good waterproof seal to prevent saturation and rot. I use 3M 4200 polyurethane adhesive caulk.

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Pearson 530 Admiralty Bay, Bequia SVG
The transom core is wood so you want a good waterproof seal to prevent saturation and rot. I use 3M 4200 polyurethane adhesive caulk.
Zodiac actually recommends silicone as these need to be replaced every now and then.