Zip Ties, the cure for that late night drum beat

• Thread starter Greggy....The Head Mister
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Greggy....The Head Mister

Hey you guys! It's me, Greggy, the "Head Mister"! I have a tip for you today. So, here it goes. Every have your internal antenna wires slap the inside of your mast when seas get bad and while you are trying to sleep? Yes? Well, I have the solution for you today. So listen up! Here is what you do. Go to the hardware store and get your self a bundle of Zip Ties. Take your internal wires out of your mast and instead of running them back up all by them selves, instead, wrap some zip ties on the wire randomly all the way up the mast. Do this to all your internal wires. Then run them all back up your mast one at a time. This will solve the problem of slapping internal wires. And you will not be able to sleep again in peace. Note: You will not be able to do this if you have internal halyards. this has been a tip from the Head Master, Greggy!

R

Ron Mills

Some people can be funny

part of the time, but nobody can be funny all the time. Maybe it's time to do an infomerrical.

G

Funny? Who's being funny? You?

Funny? Who's funny? I'm being serious! This is a great idea and i have recomended it to many of sailors. And many have taken my idea and used it to their advantage. Or should I respond by saying that no one can possibly be serious all the time? Greggy, head mister

G

Happy Happy Joy Joy,,,A sailing I shall Go.

O.K. listen steve and ron, If I choose to be funny, that is me. If you don't like it, just don't respond to my articls. Just go off into your serious world and stay there. I happen to express my self this way. Most of the time, I have found that people who don't like the way I am are either so into seriousness, they are no fun to be around. Or they are simply gelous. I happen to be fun to be around, have pleanty of friends and have no issues with you. Greggy, Head Mister

A

Al

Zip ties work great!!

I added zip ties to the wire that runs inside the mast a few weeks ago - the clanging from within the mast is gone!!! Putting 3 zip ties with the ends at ~120 degrees from each other every 5-6 feet holds the wire in the middle and does not interfere with the internal halyards. (This recommendation was posted here by someone else last summer)

G

No new ideas under the sun,Just rehashed old ones

Thank you Al, Great to here you took that advice! And as for some one posting it last summer.....I know I posted it once last summer here. I have been away for at least 8 months or so. However, if it was someone else, there are no new ideas under the sun...Just old ones that have been rehashed with new expresion and personality (Such as my way :). Happy Sailing Al! Your Pal, greggy, Head Mister....AKA..The Skipper

D

David

Zip ties

do work well. We installed them on a Gulfstar 41 ketch. Solved the problem of noise on both masts.

K

Kate Fisher

Give it up?

We think it is nice to see posters having a little fun AND providing useful information. This board is for all of us that want to contribute and try to be helpful as well as get answers. After all, your excessive input isn't always that accurate Steve. Phil says not to use this for personal attacks so why don't you "give it up" and stay off the board for awhile.

S

Scott Blahnik

We have a forum for funny

it's called "funny sailing stories" Problem is, I posted a story there last year (it was about running aground) and got lambasted for a variety of infractions by our members. Now I send my stories to Lats & Atts, they've published a few of them and I even get free t-shirts! The thing about sailors is we're very particular, tech-minded and safety conscious but we do need to retain our sense of humor. And don't go anywhere,Steve,I'm having a problem with my seat cushions, they're a pain in the___.

J

Jim Logan

Scott: I thought it was funny...

But I guess most posters don't have a frame of reference for the mardi gras/boat parade thing - we did a power boat this year "Fair Dink" - we think it should have won a prize for best boat decorated by rednecks in 30 minutes or less. Lots of fun, but I didn't get any flashers. Too tame on our end of the seawall.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Yikes!

I'm appalled that anyone would be critical of anything posted in Funny Sailing Stories. Except for the writing style, maybe. :)

G

News Flash! Skipper's Bowing Out...

Kate and Scott and all those who have enjoyed my short company, I think I am going to leave. I own a few sailing web sites now since about 1999 that I run with a substantial following. However, I thought, since I have a hunter 27, that I might give you guys a try. Yes, I have a unique sence of humor. Hehehe. Actually, you have not seen the best of me in that respect. As far as humor goes, I do have a knack at it. And I do have to say that sailing is my Strong Point. There is not much I don't know about sailing related topics. And I am a sail by the seat of my pants sailor. Not much frightens me. (oops, my testosterone is boiling over again!) But I think I may have stumbled across a web site full of cigar smoking older men that don't have an ounce of a sense of humor. As us entertainers say, "Tough Crowd"....So, I think I may just bow out. I spoke to Phil last night via e mail and discussed my intentions. I have not heard back just yet. However, he did e mail me earlier a few times to fill me in on what type of personality this message board has. And from the conversation, I gather this board is nothing but serious serious serious. In my life, I have learned that if you take life too serious, you don't live too long. And if you do by chance live a full life, you will have certainly missed out on the whole meaning. And isn't sailing supposed be be fun? If not, they would offer it as a class in law school. So, my friends and those who see me as an enemy, Good day to you. May the seas be calm and the winds be steady and unbroken. Cuz God knows no one likes it when you guys break wind! So, unless the majority of you want me around, I shall bow out for now. God Speed! If any of you would like to visit me, you can find me at the related link below...Skip's South Coast Yachts. Thank you phil for allowing me to post my web site and not deleting this message! If you need anything, let me know pal!

Dec 2, 1999
Hunter Vision-36 Rio Vista, CA.
Clairification!

Eric: My comment about "It's time to give it up." had to do with your attempt to hide your identity only had to do with changing you name on your posts. Your project and ideas have been welcome. I personally do not want to see you or anyone else go away. These forums are great for the exchange of ideas and conversation. Your problems with the WebMaster is your problem not ours!

Status
Not open for further replies.