Zinc's revisted

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lauren

I can't seem to find any articles in the Forum pages so, I'll ask again for my 2000 340. I lost my zinc's sometime during last season, my fault, just not installed correctly. I usually use 2, but figure to use 3 this year just in case I throw off 1, AGAIN. There is plenty of room on the shaft for 3. Do you think a drop of Locktite would help? Can you tell me how many you use and proper installation techniques? Thanks for the help.

D

Don

Hammer them

Sand or clean the shaft - and tighten them as tight as possible. The new zincs say you don't need to hammer them but I do anyways and then give them a final tightening. When you hit them be sure to have a heavy mallet or weight behind them to absorb the shock and avoid damage to the strut.

P

Paul Akers

Lock Tite won't hurt

In addition to hammering them, my boat yard always suggests and uses locktite on the threads of the tightening screws. Doesn't hurt to be sure.

N

nick maggio

GET GOOD MARINA ONES

My zincis also came loose ,don't get ones with a nut on the end get the ones that thread into the zinci and hammer and tighten a little and keep repeating tighten a little and hammer do this a few times. nick

Status
Not open for further replies.