Z-Spar mast on '93 HUNTER 30T & Whisker pole loop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NuNees

Jun 3, 2004
Catalina 25 Carlyle, Ill
My mast has a groove on the froward side of the mast. runs all the way to the top. So does the Z-Apar on a friends '93 HUNTER 33.5. Does not appear on the earlier 'G' model at the marina. Anybody know what it is used for? Is it perhaps to center the whisker pole or spinnaker pole loop? I want to add such a device ... any suggestions? TRhank you, Bill Jaworowski,Carlyle Lake IL>

B

bob G.

Slide track

Groove is a slide track for the wisker pole loop. Should be used in conjunction with a halyard set up to allow you to adjust the verticle height of the pole attachment on the mast.

NuNees

Jun 3, 2004
Catalina 25 Carlyle, Ill
Whisker Pole slide.

Bob, Thanks for the quick response ... Are you saying that there is a track that will fit into that groove an that this will simplify the installation of the track. Or am I reading too much into this? Do you have one of these? What brand and model number would you suggets? Thanks agian, BILLJ

B

bob G.

Groove is the track

The groove is the track. The loop that the pole attaches to fits into the groove and slides up and down the mast, on my 85 HUNTER 31 there is a internal halyard that exits the mast about 15 feet above the base of the mast which attaches to the loop atachment, this allows you to adjust the loop attachment height to keep the pole parrallel to the boat. My set up was on the boat when I bought it so i'm sorry I can"t give give you any opinions on what hardware to buy.

Jun 4, 2004
- - Montreal
Z-Spar

Hello, Just a simple question, are you sure your friend 33.5 has a Z-Spar mast. Most Hunter, if not all, in the .5 series I have seen including our 35.5 have a Isomat mast with the track in the front for the spinnaker car. All these components can be purchased at RigRite. follow the link. Have a good day.

NuNees

Jun 3, 2004
Catalina 25 Carlyle, Ill
Iosmast Question

Claude, I thought I had seen the Z-Spar logo on the side of the mast ... he told me his whisker pole ring was pop-riveted to the mast. Although I have not measured the groove in my mast it appears to be about 1/16" deep and 3/4" wide ... which did not seem to be anything more than a guide line for installing a track for cars. I'll double check the 33.5 to see what he has. Thank you for your comments and the link to Rig Rite. BILLJ

Status
Not open for further replies.