Z-Spar base and foot for H23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 8, 2012
hunter 23 lake wallenpaupack
Hi,

I have a Z-145 mast with the (3236) foot on my 1988 H23. The ears that the pin go through are hardly hanging on. I would like to replace it maybe with a better base and foot, but if i can find the 3236 foot that would suffice. Any advice on where or what to replace these with would be appreciated!

Thanks.......Mark _/)

Aug 8, 2012
I was told it should have the Z 190 but I do not. The foot that you show will work with my existing base, and it will not raise or lower the mast?

thanks for your help!......Mark

May 9, 2010
Hunter 23 WIll be at a Navy base
I have a new mast and the entire rigging including the foot. They changed mine to a totally different one. As a matter of fact it is better as it has holes in the sides that come up as an extra piece. This is perfect for attaching blocks to run the main halyard to the cockpit.

Aug 8, 2012
ALL H23 has Z190 mast from ZSpar not Z145..cheers
You are correct. After further review it is a Z-190 (R) according to US Spars web site. But for some reason they used the foot from the Z-145 pt.# 3236 which sucks for me because they don't sell it anymore so I have to purchase a complete replacement kit for approx.$200
I'm trying to engineer some type of repair. Once the mast is up it will be fine.
Thanks......Mark

May 28, 2007
Hunter 23.5 Lake Dardanelle
Hi,

I have a Z-145 mast with the (3236) foot on my 1988 H23. The ears that the pin go through are hardly hanging on. I would like to replace it maybe with a better base and foot, but if i can find the 3236 foot that would suffice. Any advice on where or what to replace these with would be appreciated!

Thanks.......Mark _/)
Contact Rick at US Spars in Gainesville FL. That is the mast manufacture. The website is us spars.com. I broke mine yesterday.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Prior to about 1995-1996, Z Spar supplied all the masts to Hunter. The owners are located in France. They then purchased Kenyon Isomat in Charlotte, NC. Kenyon Isomat then laid all employees off as did the facility in Gainesville, Fl probably at the owners in France had deemed leaving only about 4 from Z Spar in Florida to relocate to Charlotte. This of course left not only Hunter but others in a quandry for example I had a 30 plus boat sitting on the yard paying interest without a mast which I could not sell without that mast. Due to litigation and other reasons, the name Z Spar was no more in the US leaving Hunter in dire straights. US spars now sells the Z Spar product and I will not go into that any further. Therefore, Z Spar parts can be found at US Spars but I would suggest using this site as they have the proper parts identification and the price is the same. I like and will promote HOW and the Sailboat Owners sites as they can be relied on.

Kenyon Isomat re-emerged as Charleston Spar located back in the old Kenyon Isomat facility in Charleston, NC while Hunter took on Selden Mast with great masts, techonology and support.

As for trying to repair a foot of the mast, I might suggest throwing the old one away and getting a new one as it is impractible to repair and the cost is not all that much anyway.

crazy dave condon

Jun 28, 2009
hunter 23 Lake Hefner
Prior to about 1995-1996, Z Spar supplied all the masts to Hunter. The owners are located in France. They then purchased Kenyon Isomat in Charlotte, NC. Kenyon Isomat then laid all employees off as did the facility in Gainesville, Fl probably at the owners in France had deemed leaving only about 4 from Z Spar in Florida to relocate to Charlotte. This of course left not only Hunter but others in a quandry for example I had a 30 plus boat sitting on the yard paying interest without a mast which I could not sell without that mast. Due to litigation and other reasons, the name Z Spar was no more in the US leaving Hunter in dire straights. US spars now sells the Z Spar product and I will not go into that any further. Therefore, Z Spar parts can be found at US Spars but I would suggest using this site as they have the proper parts identification and the price is the same. I like and will promote HOW and the Sailboat Owners sites as they can be relied on.

Kenyon Isomat re-emerged as Charleston Spar located back in the old Kenyon Isomat facility in Charleston, NC while Hunter took on Selden Mast with great masts, techonology and support.

As for trying to repair a foot of the mast, I might suggest throwing the old one away and getting a new one as it is impractible to repair and the cost is not all that much anyway.

crazy dave condon
My 23 has one of those heavy beefy kenyons. :doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.