YSM12 Motor Mounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

naiad

Feb 16, 2009
2 79 - 30' monroe
Hello,
I have a 1979 Hunter 30 with a Yanmar YSM12. I recently, over the past 3 years, have been replacing motor mounts trying to reach a middle ground between vibration isolation and limited shaft and stuffing box movement. One of my main limiting factors is that I only have 1 7/8" space between the bed and the engine flange. My latest installation consists of 4 17/1600-45 Metalastic Cushy mounts from Mission Supply in Texas. These mounts provide plenty of isolation, however the engine and stuffing box fly around about 1/4" on its axis. I haven't yet noticed the shaft hitting the shaft log with a thumping sound but I am extremely anxious at watching, at certain rpms, starting & stopping, the stuffing box is moving up to 3/8" up and down and sideways. Of course everything is in alignment when static. All of the above happens in neutral and in gear. I can find all sorts of sales reps but I can't find anyone, even Hunter owners or dealers with this experience.
Thanks,
naiad

Oct 29, 2010
Hunter 36 Pensacola
Did you try the original motor mounts? Do they still make them? What is holding down the mounts? I am wondering if the bolt/screw has bored out the glass aloowing for movement. Probably not but you didn't mention it.
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.