Your favorite picture.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sumner

Jan 31, 2009
Macgregor & Endeavour 26S and 37 Utah's Canyon Country
I hope that we get a lot of response on this and it would be a great time for some of the lurkers to introduce themselves and post also.

First post your favorite picture of your boat ...

...Ours on Lake Powell.

Then post your favorite picture of someone else's boat....

... MrBill's in Florida. I love this picture and the calming effect it has on me:).

I don't want to hear that you don't know how to post a picture, because if you don't then e-mail me the two pictures with the description and your board name or real name and I'll post them for you.

Send them to:

contact20 (at) purplesagetradingpost (dot) com

If you have comments or questions about anyone's pictures please post them over on the other thread I started....

http://forums.macgregor.sailboatowners.com/showthread.php?p=717059#post717059

...so that we don't mess this one up too much getting off topic. I know I'm probably the worst offender on here about doing just that :redface::cry::redface:.

Thanks,

Sum

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2004
Macgregor 25 So. Cal.
Another perfect day!

Copernicus after two hundred miles and four days of "just chasing wind".

JDK

Jul 12, 2007
Mac 26D 1988 New Port Richey, Fl
Ok, here is a picture of our boat...a while back. I can't help using it for my avatar, but it actually is now the vessel that takes Dan Nease on his adventures on Lake Wilson in Kansas.
That Soire'e was our first Mac.

The second picture is of a 1988 Pearson 34 from our boat club.
It's also a picture of a boat that should kick our butt on a regular basis. It didn't in the race today, nor has it ever.

My point being that the Mac is capable of great things, fast passages, and immense fun...without being a teak and holly nightmare when it comes to keeping wood and chrome in presentable shape.

Good idea, Sum.
JDK

Attachments

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2010
macgregor 25 Beaver lake, Rogers Arkansas
My boat is a 1981 Mac 25. I'm just an old dog just trying to learn to sail between Medicare appointments and depositing my SS checks. Been at it three months now. As said before "how time flies........". Just renamed our boat (and yes, I did use the de-commissioning ceremony before the commissioning ceremony) the "Midnight Star" is out of Beaver lake, Rogers Arkansas. Having a ball and don't intend to stop any time soon.

201.jpg

My other picture is of two America's Cup boats "playing" in san Diego Bay in summer 2007. These things are huge.

SAN DIEGO 696.jpg

Apr 23, 2010
Venture 2-22 Oneida Lake
My boat is a 1972 Venture 2-22. It's been in the family for 32 years now, passed down to me in 2008. I've done a number of refurbishments and small repairs (will be doing the keel by June 2011).

This is my favorite picture of the boat; I like the way the boat looks like it's powering through that wave. My younger brother took the picture from my dad's S2 8.0.

May 4, 2005
Macgregor 26d Ft Lauderdale, Fl
Ok, I'll Play...

if I understand the rules correctly:
my boat: (w/ 'Otto' driving)

and another boat:
'Vendaval'- (I'm flying the kite)

walt

Jun 1, 2007
Macgregor 26S Hobie TI Ridgway Colorado
Lots of great pictures from lots of people (which I didnt take the time to find at the moment)...

This picture is from this weekend

Attachments

JDK

Jul 12, 2007
Had to throw in another one from two weekends ago. The Mug Race is the "longest river race in the world" according to the Jacksonville Rudder Club that sponsers it. It was nine hours from start to finish, with a pursuit start for 137 boats.
That meant the slower boats started first, with the faster ones later
...like 3 hours later. The 45 mile course was mostly down wind, which we don't excel at without a spinnaker.

thx
JDK

Attachments

Oct 18, 2007
Macgregor 26S Lucama, NC
Pics

I don't have a lot of pics of other people's boats, so I'll put in a few of mine. I don't even have any of my boat sailing, because I'm always on it, and haven't run up with anyone I could get to take a pic for me. The first two pics are the Hunter B at Kerr Lake in NC in July 2009, anchored and tied ashore so we could walk out and climb into the boat in knee-deep water. The last two are when we went ashore at Lookout Bight in June 2009. If you look closely, the Cape Lookout lighthouse is in the distance- just inside our furled jib. -Paul

Attachments

GLSail

May 4, 2010
Macgreagor M21 KY
Pics

My current boat, Mac 21, Cave Run Lake KY
Other boats owned: V17, V24, Pearson 33, O'Day 24

Also sailed other folks boats like the Pearson 35 Charleston S.C.

Attachments

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
The first pic is of a Coronado 23 that I restored and sold a few years ago. This is me and my family on Smith Mountain Lake.

The second pic is a Rhodes 22' that we chartered out of the Albemarle Sound.

The third pic is again on the Coronado 23' after a hard day of sailing, swimming and eating.

And the collage is of a Coronado 25' that I just sold so I could buy a Mac V222. As soon as that is fixed up I'll post some more pics.

Attachments

JDK

Jul 12, 2007
It's two-pictures-for-one time. This is about five seconds before the start gun at our last race, sent to me by a friend in another Mac that was racing. Soire'e was in her groove...

JDK

Sumner

Jan 31, 2009
Macgregor & Endeavour 26S and 37 Utah's Canyon Country
... Soire'e was in her groove...

I always loved your avatar, and still do, but the above picture is now my favorite picture of a Mac under sail.

Only one small thing, if your friend took the picture from another Mac he must of been ahead of you :), so maybe I need to see his boat also ;),

Sum

May 4, 2005
JDK, how big is that jenny? 165? and a hank on too! (dang!)

helps explains that trailing p34 LOL!

fav pic: (not mine)

JDK

Jul 12, 2007
Sum, you are a quick thinker! It's a D model, just like ours, but with a roller-furler. For some reason, it sails better on one tack than another, which has remained a mystery to us. We've measured, tightened, plumbed, and drank...none of which has worked. Here's a picture of it in another race.

We were headed to the start line, and hell-bent to push them over early. As it turned out, six of the seven boats racing crossed the line within 18 seconds of the start gun, which is a real feat for our club of mostly retarded...I mean retired...folks. The captain is a Hungarian interior decorator who married his English tutor, and they're both good sailors.

thx
JDK

Attachments

Last edited:

JDK

Jul 12, 2007
I'm not sure, Mr. Bill. I think it's the stock 135 that the PO bought for it. Maybe it's the angle of the picture that makes it look bigger. It's about at the end of its lifespan, though, with the rope sewn into the leading edge about to split the cloth between the hanks. It wants to be new, but then I look at what the stock market did today and think it will be just fine for a while...

JDK

BTW, I like your favorite picture.

May 4, 2005
Oh Man thats great!
I love the color contrast of the west!

for some reason I've always liked this pic, as epic backyard engineering solution...

Status
Not open for further replies.