You may say I am crazy

Jul 3, 2017
O'Day 242 Melbourne, FL
oday full view.jpg
oday full view.jpg
Bought a pretty old O'Day sailboat... mostly dirty.. hoping I can post a picture I know nothing. Was bought by current owner in 1988 used. 19 foot sort of... it says O'Day 242 on the side. I know you need to see it to tell me anything... picture posting not clear here yet. Let me work on this. Your advice short of sink it tomorrow will be greatly appreciated. Ok picture advice appreciated too.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2011
Island Packet 35 Tucson, AZ/San Carlos, MX
Assuming you have some electronic photos of your new boat on your device (and know where they are located), click on the "Upload a File" button. The software will open a dialogue box giving you options, such as "select file". Navigate to your desired photo, select it and then click "close".
Then, you'll be asked to choose between "thumbnail" or "full size". Personally, I prefer thumbnails.

image.jpeg

Try to keep them of reasonable size, pixel-wise, for the bandwidth-challenged among us?

Jul 3, 2017
O'Day 242 Melbourne, FL
Thank you very much... for some reason it's not taking me to picture files ... I am on my phone.. that might be an issue. Again. Thank you very much!!!

Feb 20, 2011
You're very welcome.
Think I'll try uploading a photo from my phone to see if I can. Dang phone is smarter than me.

Feb 20, 2011
Test.
20170703_155547.jpg

Okay, I had to dig around a bit to find the shot (my first! :clap:), but on this Samsung, it was in the internal storage's DCIM folder.
HTH.
Now to figure out how to delete it...

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2017
O'Day 242 Melbourne, FL
oday mike.jpg side view but not all .. sorry I posted a big picture before ... by mistake ... will not do again ...

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
I finally get where this "thumbnail" choice comes from. You are uploading files to the SBO server, not using the 'image' icon to link to a hosted pic.

20161102_112729.jpg

Jul 3, 2017
O'Day 242 Melbourne, FL
various pictures there ... sorry made a mess of posting ... but worked great on PC ... so now I know ... I hope to learn alot about my boat here and make it a beauty some day ... I love the lines of it. oday in pit.jpg

Jul 3, 2017
O'Day 242 Melbourne, FL
Thank you all very much for your help ... NOW ... LOL! Any one know anything about this boat?

Jul 5, 2010
Oday 22, Mariner, Challenger 15 Michigan
I believe that version of the mariner was made from 1969 through 1971. I have the later version made in 1978. There is a lot of information on the Mariner at this site under the "boat info" tab.

Nov 9, 2012
Oday 192 Lake Nockamixon
I have 2 Mariners of the same color on my dock. One is sailed regularly, the other has no mast and is used as a fishing boat. Plenty of other Mariners at our lake. The Mariner class association is going strong, and you could get a lot of information there: http://usmariner.org

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
Catalina 310 211 Lake Guntersville, AL
You can even still buy one new,

https://stuartmarine.squarespace.com/new-mariner-sailboats/

It looks pretty nice and simple setup. I'd remove that marine toilet and plug the discharge and intake holes for it. It isn't legal to discharge overboard unless off shore and will need a holding tank. Easier and cheaper to remove and add a portable head for emergency use. Other then that cleaner her up, some elbow grease to polish her hull and enjoy. You will probably want a small motor too, stick with a light weight one, probably 4 hp 4 stroke would be perfect. You can order online cheap with free shipping to your door.

Last edited: