You know it's spring when...

Mar 31, 2013
O'day 23 Pa
Whatever! . . . We have 8-12" on the way to add to the foot I already have on the lawn. At least I THINK there's a lawn down there. Haven't seen it in so long.
pulling the boat out of storage today, we got off light this year, don't think the lake froze over at all.
It's normally May before I get the covers off.

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
Cover off, ready for clean and polish once the soup dries up in the yard. It's getting closer!
Mar 26 201 boat in storage copy.JPG

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
My boat is still in the water.... only pulled the O.B.

Waiting on a new main sail to arrive and then I'm out on the water.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Speaking of spring and Punk/Goths; the guy that came out to deep root feed our trees freaked me out. He had what I can only describe as "halo" eyes. Light grey irises and dark pupils. I couldn't tell if they were some kind of contacts or natural. Kind of creepy. Made me think of an early Star Trek episode.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
"deep root feed our trees...." ????

What is that?!
High pressure injection of fertilizer and insecticide into the soil. We have really crappy clay soil here. Digging holes to plant trees or bushes amounts to creating a clay pot in the ground.

Oct 3, 2011
Anam Cara Catalina 310 Hull #155 155 Lake Erie/Catawba Island
When we take the shrink wrap off the boat, and WAX BABY WAX, launch date s scheduled for April 25th, so got to have a couple of good weather days and also touch up the bottom!

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Pearson 530 Admiralty Bay, Bequia SVG
It's spring? What's spring? How do you know it's spring?
Ah, living in the tropics is such a great excuse for my ignorance.

Nov 9, 2008
Pearson-O'Day 290 Portland Maine
This is what I was talkin' about! 8:30 this morning and it hasn't slowed down yet. I just measured 11".

Attachments

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
I know it's spring because every nice day for working on the boat is either a work day or a weekend when I am committed to something else. When I'm off it is raining. Working on a fix for that though.

Sep 30, 2013
1988 Catalina 22 North Florida
It's spring? What's spring? How do you know it's spring?
Where I live there are many signs.

Love bugs. Skeeters. T storms. Deck burns your feet. Spars burn your hands. No wind. Beer gets warm really fast. Mildew. Gotta switch to "slow" hardener. Students and snowbirds fly north.

Just a few. ;)

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
WYC is open to launching boats. BlueJ still has an appointment for a bottom job, and Jodi and I are heading to Mexico for spring break. So maybe April 15th. It's been open water for so long on Minnetonka now that if the crane had been ready we could have been launching two weeks ago.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
"Everyone complains about the weather but no one does anything about it". Mark Twain ;)