Yeti Coolers

Jun 3, 2004
- - Norfolk Va
Has anyone used a Yeti cooler for week long cruising. Considering one for my H240. Interested to hear your impressions.

Apr 1, 2010
Cal 33 and Sea Pearl 21 . Crystal River, FL
i have one that I use for camping and fishing. I will be using it when we finally get around to staying on the boat. a full week is really pushing it. if you absolutely minimize how often you go in, and pre-chill the cooler it may be possible. of course that all depends on your temp. my 65 filled up Friday night and used during the weekend the left in the garage untouched had a few pieces of ice still floating (the beer was still PLENTY cold to drink) the following Friday. had the cooler been used the entire time it wouldn't have made it. this is in florida in the fall (~85-90 degrees)

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
No

No have never used one but know some one for the :eek:$$$$ and told me that it did not perform as said for what they:eek: Cost .
When I saw the :eek:$$$$ I walked away but did go for the $$$$ for a portable
12 volt ref and solar and we love it and well worth the $$$$ a good brand 12volt portable like Engel and Star brand which doesn't use much 12volt and my solar runs the ref.
But I have a bigger boat H-36 and do alot of long week cruises.
Nick

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
I don't have one (yet) but they are much better than the typical "day coolers" that are sold in sporting goods places. Not as good as a lot of the hype, but much more rugged and much better insulation .. Certainly not good for a week here in Louisiana, but 4-5 days is kinda normal from the ones I've been around.. Not so sure about the Igloo copy.. looks to have a little less insulation.

Aug 11, 2011
O'day 30 313 Georgetown MD
I have an Igloo 12V/110 unit. It has worked great for my needs. I pre chilled the unit at home using the 110 power option for 12 hours. Then loaded up my frozen food on the bottom, the "need to keep cold" food and beverage on top, transported it plugged into the 12V mode for a one hour trip before loading it on board and continuing to use the 12V mode for the next two days. At the end of the two full days, there was some frozen food still frozen. Outside temp was in the 90's. So to sum it up, well worth the $90 spent at Costco.

Nodak7

Sep 28, 2008
Hunter 41DS Punta Gorda, FL
Has anyone used a Yeti cooler for week long cruising. Considering one for my H240. Interested to hear your impressions.
Sean, we have one and have used it on a couple of week long cruises. It performs pretty well and definitely out performs an Igloo (we carry that too). My biggest complaint is the drain on the cooler really sucks. You will end up getting water every where when you drain it. You would think for the big money these things cost they could come up with a better drain. I recommend using block ice in it. That seems to last much longer than the cubes.

Good luck!