Yea, I'm a Catalina Owner now

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 7, 2004
Catalina 28 Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Furling Line

The line seems ok and does not touch the drum when we are furling or unfurling the sail. To be honest we only had it out for a few hours the day we bought her and I have really not had a chance to work over all the systems yet. Jason

May 7, 2004
Catalina 28 Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Yea so I've moved up from a Hunter 26 to a Catalina 28. Man what a difference in sailing. I'm so glad I bought this boat. Jason

Jun 3, 2004
Catalina 400 MkII Noank, CT
Roller Furling Line

Jason, Congrats on the new boat! I know you'll love it. One thing I noticed in the photo, and it may just be an optical illusion. Your roller furling line seems to be pulling in a downward direction, and not at 90 degrees from the furling drum. You might want to move that first block up a few inches (maybe to the aft leg of the bow pulpit?) to achieve a 90 degree lead. Because you have a fairly high drum to give the anchor more room, the "stock" position doesn't work that well for you. You will have FAR fewer problems with the roller furling if you do. Good Luck with your new love.

D

Doug

Furler

Jason.......I have a 97 270. The shaeffer furler was nothing but trouble until I led the line into the drum at a 90dg angle. Works perfect now. No more tangles! Had to move the block on the bow pulpit, plus add one more stantion block.

Status
Not open for further replies.