Yanmar3gm30seized

Jun 12, 2013
Hunter 40 back creek
After 3 years I went to turn over the engine and I Cannot get it tot urn over. Transmission is in neutral, removed starter and alternator and raw water pump and all drive belts. I put a socket and breaker bar in the crankshaft pulley nut and it won't move! The nut just gets tighter. I removed the injectors and filled the chambers with marvel mystery oil a week ago and no movement still! I putb4 wtsbof matvel in the crankcase thinking maybe the bearings seized and or the rings! Any ideas for me? Maybe I should remove the cylinder head and have a look inside?

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
If the Marvel oil did not loosen the rings, next step would be to pull the head.. What does the crankcase oil look like?
Marvel is lighter than water so if there is a little water in the cylinders, the marvel cannot really get to the rings until the water is removed..

Jun 12, 2013
Hunter 40 back creek
If the Marvel oil did not loosen the rings, next step would be to pull the head.. What does the crankcase oil look like?
Marvel is lighter than water so if there is a little water in the cylinders, the marvel cannot really get to the rings until the water is removed..
The oil was changed already but I didn't notice water. I vacuumed out the injector holes good and refilled the holes with the potion and now I have 2 cylinders with fluid passing through the injector holes or filling the cylinder space in top of the pistons. I like the idea of flooding the engine also get it lubed and de rusted all we can the

May 17, 2010
Hunter 1983 - 34' Port of Everett
Stop wasting your time. if you can't turn engine over manually after everything you have tried then it is time to Rebuild. Even if your efforts to restart engine were successful, I would never be able to trust the reliability in the future without knowing the cause for such a mechanical freeze.

Oct 24, 2015
Hunter 356 Brightlingsea
The chances are that there is saltwater or just humidity that had caused corrosion in one or more cylinders.
You may save the engine if you strip & rebuild it, but if you run it without honing the bores (if it is a piston seizure) & freeing off the rings & replacing them you will cause lots of ongoing problems.
Where are you ashore?
Neil