Yanmar YSM 12 engine mounts

Nov 23, 2017
Hunter 30 Biloxi Mississippi
Does anyone know where I can find replacement engine mounts for my Yanmar YSM 12. It is the original engine that came in my 1978 Hunter Cherubini 30. The existing mounts are very worn out and the starboard mounts are showing a lot of rust. I have the boat on the hard, and would like to replace these before going back in the water. I'm currently having a new prop shaft made, and stern tube made. The machine shop also ordered a new coupling for the shaft as well. I would really like to replace these mounts before aligning this engine to the new shaft.

May 27, 2004
Hunter 30_74-83 Ponce Inlet FL
May I ask what the cost of the stern tube will be and can they make two?

Nov 23, 2017
Hunter 30 Biloxi Mississippi
May I ask what the cost of the stern tube will be and can they make two?
He is charging me a little over $100. Don't remember the exact price. He actually has it already machined out. I've already checked it, and going to work perfectly. He got his measurements from what was left of the old one. Machined out of bronze. He is machining this so he can make another one, but I'm sure any machine shop can.

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Belliure 41 Sailing back to the Chesapeake
Digging around in my documents, looks like the Yanmar part number for the motor mount for your engine is 124770-08340. A quick goggle search turned up a bunch of hits, here's one:

http://shop.toadmarinesupply.com/ships_store/?p=details&mfc=Yanmar&sku=124770-08340

Don't know anything about this place. But at least that's a start. Let me see if I can attach the document that I got the part number from so you can look through it and see if I made a mistake...

dj

Attachments

Jul 22, 2011
Mariner Yacht Co.(NH) Mariner 28 Atlantic Highlands, NJ
I've purchased from TOAD, nice people and very helpful. Or Mack Boring, or any Yanmar dealer.

Jul 22, 2011
Attached is the YSM parts manual. Motor mounts are on Page 107 (manual page) or 22 in the PDF. I have teh work shop manual some where, if I can find it.

Attachments

Jul 22, 2011
I can't seem to upload the service manual. send me a PM with an email address, and I try that.
lou