Yanmar oil and temp alarm.

bart

Nov 5, 2012
hunter 41 cranston,RI
When I turn on the ignition the alarm no longer sounds. I have gauges so everything is working. Any ideas?

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
The alarm at start-up is a low oil pressure alarm that sounds because of no oil pressure when the engine is not running.. The sensor/switch shorts a wire to ground when there is no pressure , so ya have three possibles.. : 1. bad oil pressure switch.. check by noting if the red, panel mounted warning light is on when you turn on the key. if there is a light and it goes out when the engine runs, the oil pressure switch is good. another check for the switch is to use a volt/ohm meter to look for a ground between the wire terminal and the engine block, with the wire disconnected and the engine off. 2. bad beeper.. if light works as above, the beeper is bad.. 3. bad connection or broken/open wire between beeper and engine switch. symptom would be no light and no beeper with switch on and engine running or not. That is the most probable .. the two multi-pin connectors in the harness and the connection at the oil pressure switch are primary suspects.. Happy hunting !

May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
Check voltage at the Buzzer connectors. When you first turn the key switch the oil pressure circuit and the alternator circuit should produce the buzzer alarm sound before the engine is started. It would be unusual for both the oil sender and the alternator charge sensor to fail simultaneously so I would bet adequate power is not getting to the buzzer or the buzzer has failed. Since these alarm buzzers are rather expensive (around $200) I would first check the voltage at the connectors.

viper

Jul 31, 2016
Hunter 380 Cape Coral, Fl
Hunter 380, 2000.. same problem, but no gauges, just idiot lights and self test fails. Another project. Likely will buy all the possible parts, and replace all.

Regards,

Viper

Jan 26, 2016
Hunter 41 Huntington,
I am also trying to get my alarm buzzer to work, it will sound if I leave the ignition on for 30 minutes or if I spray WD40 into it. I would like to replace it but have not found the correct one yet.
Has anyone found the correct replacement for it? 2006 Hunter 41AC with Yanmar 4JH4E.
I have removed the original using a solder gun but need the correct original spec or part number for the buzzer it self!! HELP ??? PC Board is part of whole unit approx $700 fom Yanmar direct, ouch. See photos...
IMG_0810.JPG
IMG_0811.JPG
IMG_0812.JPG
IMG_0812.JPG

Apr 25, 2012
Hunter 41AC Sassafras River, MD
2020 follow up! Hope all on the list are fairing well...
I have a 2005 41ac with 4JH4E same panel, same issue.
Have found the piezo buzzer for just a couple bucks. Unsuccessfully assumed I could test the buzzer with a 9v battery.
Just hoping Bill Marrero was sucessful in solving the problem by replacing/soldering a new piezo buzzer on the board!
Capt Morgan

Feb 23, 2018
Hunter 356 Marseille
On my 356 i followed the câbles from thé key/ignition unit 'til I found a corroded bloc connecter. I cut the wires and soldered torpedo connectors. Everything Works ok eversince :)