Yanmar 2GM20F rpms go down and no power

Oct 14, 2017
HUnter 306 Aruba
Thanks. I found toadmarine over the weekend, i've purchased all my yanmar parts from mavex the Yanmar dealer in Miami. Like to keep original parts in the engine. Thanks again for the info.

Oct 14, 2017
HUnter 306 Aruba
One last question regarding the parts. What advantage is there for purchasing the mixing elbow in stainless vs the standard forged steel?

Jan 30, 2012
Nor'Sea 27 "Kiwanda" Portland/ Anacortes
Lower price. Longer service life. In all cases at 50% or less money than Yanmar. - even if service life was the same a much better deal. Moreover, the coupler (that broke when you took yours apart) is far more robust and HDI has taller ones so you can take all advantage of mixing elbow height.

Have installed several and no more Yanmar elbows for me and mine- unless someone can tell me why not

Charles

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2017
HUnter 306 Aruba
I was able to save the elbow which is still in good shape oddly enough. so all I need is the U-Type Mixing elbow, the connection joint and the gasket. Would there be an issue placing an HDI U-Type elbow with their joint coupler to the old elbow? There should be no more issues in this setup with corrosion compared to connecting a stainless elbow direct to the engine right?

Jan 30, 2012
Nor'Sea 27 "Kiwanda" Portland/ Anacortes
Roger affirmative. HDI mixing elbow. HDI coupler. Yanmar cast iron factory elbow. Assemble in that order. Then bolt the whole assembly to the cylinder head.

Last edited:

MitchM

Jan 20, 2005
Nauticat 321 pilothouse 32 Erie PA
be careful in removing the 2 gm 20 F exhaust el . check a service manual, i seem to recall that one of the peieces is reverse thread . instead of left CCW loose it was left CCW tight... i checked my service manual AFTER i spent 45 minutes trying to get the #$%^ thing apart. oops...