Yamaha 37 CK Center Cockpit

sixpak

Nov 8, 2012
Yamaha 37 CK Moss Landing
I have been with my current lady for 5 years. She came with this boat. Some seem to think they don't exist. We have only seen one other. I have slipped into the role of fixing things on the boat for her when needed. We are talking about taking the old teak deck off and putting Ultra Tuff down. Question is do I "really" need to put down some glass after filling all the holes and sanding. The teak does not seem to be structural and there is no core in the under deck.

Aug 3, 2005
- - Seattle
I'm guessing you're on the CA coast, a ways down from SF (Sorry about the 49'rs--they made the second half exciting though).

I ask for a copy of the manual, but nobody else has contacted the site about one, so I'm surprised that you know of another one.

BTW, yamahasailboats.org disappeared due to a hosting error, and is scheduled to rise again as yamahasailboats.us.

Cheers,
Bob

Sep 24, 2012
Yamaha 37CK Bowen Qld Australia
I have been with my current lady for 5 years. She came with this boat. Some seem to think they don't exist. We have only seen one other. I have slipped into the role of fixing things on the boat for her when needed. We are talking about taking the old teak deck off and putting Ultra Tuff down. Question is do I "really" need to put down some glass after filling all the holes and sanding. The teak does not seem to be structural and there is no core in the under deck.
I own a 37CK - what is the name of yours ?

sixpak

Nov 8, 2012
I own a 37CK - what is the name of yours ?
She is named Radio Flyer!My girl saw another one in San Diego many years ago. I think it was named Terranova. I am about to install a new transducer that shoots through the hull. I was wondering if you could tell me if our boats hull is cored or solid glass below the waterline? Here is a couple of pic's.

Attachments

Sep 24, 2012
Sorry for the delayed response - I only just saw your response.
I believe the hull is solid glass. I had seen photos occasionally of Radio Flyer however none others outside of Japan. I understand these were a limited production for only the Japan domestic market.

Sep 24, 2012
I'm guessing you're on the CA coast, a ways down from SF (Sorry about the 49'rs--they made the second half exciting though).

I ask for a copy of the manual, but nobody else has contacted the site about one, so I'm surprised that you know of another one.

BTW, yamahasailboats.org disappeared due to a hosting error, and is scheduled to rise again as yamahasailboats.us.

Cheers,
Bob
I have a copy of the CK37 manual for both the boat and the engine. Unfortunately all in Japanese however the photos help to some extent

Brian

Sep 24, 2012
Has anyone dropped the rudder out from a 37CK ? Just wondering what holds the shaft in position

Brian

sixpak

Nov 8, 2012
Brian I was wondering if your boat still has the Yamaha ME 300 Diesel? Looking for parts for ours. Can't find any here in the US. I was told to check New Zealand or Australia. Thought you might know of some where. Looking for the rubber boots that go on both ends of the heat exchanger in the cooling system. Thanks if you can help.

Sep 24, 2012
Brian I was wondering if your boat still has the Yamaha ME 300 Diesel? Looking for parts for ours. Can't find any here in the US. I was told to check New Zealand or Australia. Thought you might know of some where. Looking for the rubber boots that go on both ends of the heat exchanger in the cooling system. Thanks if you can help.
Hi
I do still have the original engine. The whole yacht is as close to original as I have been able to keep her. To date I have been able to obtain parts from Yamaha Japan. Initially I did this directly however I now have a great local Yamaha dealer and I have discovered that they have full access to schematics etc for all Yamaha engines even though they were never imported into Australia. They have to want to do it and it does take some patience to identify the correct engine. Last time I did this I was after a new seawater pump. I didn't quite select the correct model however was able to scavenge enough new parts to work. I have also obtained replacement pump impellers the same way.
My suggestion is you don't take 'no' for an answer and find a co operative local Yamaha dealer. Failing that Yamaha Japan will eventually help although language can be a barrier and they probably will initially tell you to go through the dealer you purchased the yacht from.
My understanding is that our model was only made for the Japanese domestic market : mine was sailed to Australia by a Japanese couple relocating here.
My heat exchanger has standard rubber hose at each end so either the rubber boots you have mentioned have been replaced or it is a little different to mine. If you want to send some pics I am happy to compare.

Brian

sixpak

Nov 8, 2012
I have all the schematics and original paper work for the engine. I have a part numbers list as well for the whole engine. Just need to find a supplier. Have gotten parts from Japan as well. Language was tough. Boots are original, they are in the schematics.

Apr 2, 2006
Yamaha 37 CK Moss Landing, CA
I am toying with the idea of selling my 37Ck (Radio Flyer). I simply haven't the time to keep her up, and it weighs heavy on my mind. It's a great boat but has become a project boat.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2005
- - Seattle
Greetings,

I would take a copy, even in Japanese. Perhaps I could find a program which would do a passable job of translating. Any way you could get it converted to a pdf file and sent over the pond?

I have a copy of the CK37 manual for both the boat and the engine. Unfortunately all in Japanese however the photos help to some extent

Brian

Apr 2, 2006
Yamaha 37CK Manuals (English)

I have manuals for the Yamaha 37CK, and the ME 300 engine, as well as the parts list. They are all in english. I plan to take the manuals in and have them scanned to disk soon. I will post when I get them back, for those who might like to have a copy. Although I have access to order most (but not all) engine parts, a coolant pump I seek (YD1-61008-73-06) was discontinued. If anyone has resources for this pump, I'd sure appreciate it.

Sep 24, 2012
Greetings,

I would take a copy, even in Japanese. Perhaps I could find a program which would do a passable job of translating. Any way you could get it converted to a pdf file and sent over the pond?
Hi Bob
Sorry I have been away, however it seems the offer of an English version is much better.
Is your yacht a 37CK ? (Centre cockpit ketch)
Brian

Apr 2, 2006
Ok, so I took everything (Owners Manual for Yamaha Diesel ME300, ME590, ME900, ME990 engine, the Service Book, Service Manual, Parts List book, and a second Owners Manual) to a print shop, and asked them to scan everything and put it on a disk. Unfortunately I was turned away as the materials are copyrighted (yeah I know, I should have thought of that). The options I am aware of are as follows; I can scan the pages myself, which will take quite some time due to the amount of materials involved, and the fact that my scanner works at a snails pace, or I can try to photograph each page, and drop it into a document and save as a PDF. What's your take on it? Do you have a project going now that you need information?

Apr 2, 2006
Ok I have scanned the Yamaha Diesel ME300 Parts Manual. It's got good photos, and great blow-aparts. I scanned it as a PDF and may be able to email it to you. I'm not sure when I will get to the next manual but it's on my list of things to do. If you have need of a particular manual please let me know, and I will try to get to it in a timely manner.

Aug 3, 2005
- - Seattle
Y-37

Greetings,

Mine is an aft cockpit model, which shares the family resemblance to the rest of the line. I have hull#2, I just sailed on hull#3 in San Diego. The rumor is that there were five, but I haven't found the others.

Cheers,
Bob
yamahasailboats.org

Hi Bob
Sorry I have been away, however it seems the offer of an English version is much better.
Is your yacht a 37CK ? (Centre cockpit ketch)
Brian

Apr 2, 2006
Hi Bob,
Radio Flyer is a center cockpit ketch, I've been aboard one other that was identical. She was with Cabrillo Yacht Sales in San Diego. Terra Nova was her name, and she sold just after. Unfortunately I lost track of her.

Greetings,

Mine is an aft cockpit model, which shares the family resemblance to the rest of the line. I have hull#2, I just sailed on hull#3 in San Diego. The rumor is that there were five, but I haven't found the others.

Cheers,
Bob
yamahasailboats.org

Attachments