Wood trim strip on side of cabin

azguy

Aug 23, 2012
Catalina 22 Lake Pleasant
wow, that a huge difference. What are they like and 1" wide :confused:

My make shift ones came in around 3/4"...

You have to drill you own holes don't you..? Make sure you put a sacrificial piece of wood behind the piece you're drilling so you don't get splits or splinters..

azguy

Aug 23, 2012
BTW, I'm thinking of putting a teak floor down in the cockpit. I think it'd look great!!

Nov 28, 2012
Catalina 22 #442 Somerset, Ma
that would be something id love to see, im looking for just the snap together rubber floors

azguy

Aug 23, 2012
Obviously, I don't need the pedestal cut out, but something like this..

Attachments

Sep 30, 2013
1988 Catalina 22 North Florida
That'd be easy enough (and cheap enough) to make yourself. Another job for red oak, maybe! My only question would be if you'd be bothered by the thickness of it. It would have to be a minimum of an inch and a half thick, right?

The CD eyebrows measure 1 1/4". With all the money and time I have in them, I sure hope they don't look over done!! I'll know tomorrow afternoon, hopefully.

azguy

Aug 23, 2012
Good point, actually it'd be 1-1/4" thick. I'm not sure if it would feel weird while sitting down with the cockpit floor that much higher :confused: But it would be classy. I'd be concerned about the red-oak holding up under that much traffic and water...

I found a company on-line that makes them out of reclaimed teak. About $400 shipped for my roughly 72" x 20" cockpit floor. Really not that bad considering the eyebrows are $100, lol...

I'm surprised the eyebrows are so wide....I think you'll be fine, the more wood the better if you ask me ;)

Take pictures !!

Sep 30, 2013
1988 Catalina 22 North Florida
Okay, here ya go!

For my part, I think it looks fantastic, not over done at all. When my wife came home from work, she thought I had refinished ALL the teak, it improved the overall look so much.

azguy

Aug 23, 2012
Looks great :dance::dance: teak makes a sailboat look classy. The more the merrier if you ask me.

All your teak looks to be in wonderful condition, now get in the water :D

I'm sailing 2 of the next 3 days ;)