wood stains

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

suzanne hotson

Hi there! I was wondering about mildew on teak, and how to remove the water stains and black marks that are a result of the mildew? I also am wondering about how to prevent mildew on the wood. I hear bleach and water works well, I'm just not sure the amounts of bleach to water ratio. Thanks in advance for your help! Feelin Irie!!!

R

Ralph Gorby

Mildew?

I assume this is external teak, Suzanne? We use Cetol Marine on all ours. Initially required sandpaper to prepare the surface, working down to fine grade. Three coats initially, then one per year keeps it glowing. Looks like varnish with none of the disadvantages - it's oil based and penetrates rather than surface coating which is subject to cracking, etc. Also works great on garden bench, etc. No surface prep is needed before each annual coat. It's expensive but a litre will last a long time.

F

Frank Deering

Lemon Oil

The Best way to get rid of the problem is to apply pure lemon oil to the interior teak.It kills fungus and leaves a beautiful finish on the wood.

G

G

Pure Lemon Oil?

You mean, like squeeze lemons? Or condensed lemon oil or some other product? Thanks. G

Status
Not open for further replies.