Without a 310 in Seattle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 7, 2006
- - Seattle, WA
I am in Seattle, WA and have decided to move up from my Tanzer 26 to a C310. Many may know what a sturdy boat the Tanzer's are- and the 26 is a great cruiser, so that's why I chose Catalina- famous for their durable construction. For those of you in Seattle, I have just started talking to Admiralty in Seattle and Performance in Bellingham about pricing for a new 2007 310. I still don't have a sense of what a new 2007 should reasonably cost. I have been trying to figure out the price by adding 4%- the increase in price over the last year- onto the price of a 2006 quoted from NADA- $88,000 x 4% = $91,598. The Boatus website states that dealers add any where from 10%-20%. So if I think of $91598 as the dealer cost, then that would but the basic boat price between 100,757 (10%) and $109,917 (20%). This would be for the 2007 with factory installed basic options. And of course that doesn't account for any hidden dealer savings from Catalina. Or boat show special. Does that sound accurate to anyone in the know? Can anyone recommend Admiralty or Performance? They will both be at the Seattle Boat Show January 2007. I am hoping to negotiate a final price at that time. Any thoughts. I hope these are appropriate questions- I am new to this site so forgive me if talking boat sale prices is verbotten! It doesn't seem to violate the "Terms of Use." Thanks all. Will

B

Bob V

Brokers

I had to make the same choice 2 years ago when I purchased my new C350. I lived and worked in the Seattle area so I thought the Seattle broker was the obvious choice. I ended up buying from Performance in Bellingham because they were more flexible on the price. There was a difference of 7K on the same boat ordered from the factory. I was pleased with the price but what has really impressed me over the last couple of years has been the attitude of the broker towards warranty issues and a level of service that goes way beyond my expectations.

W

Will Papke

Re: Brokers

Thanks Bob. I have spoken with Admiralty dealer in person. Funny, but you reinforced my gut feeling in comparing the two even though I have only communicated with Performance via email. Thanks again; it's very helpful to hear these kinds of recommendations when investing 100K!

leo310

Dec 15, 2006
Catalina 310 44 Campbell River BC
Thunderbird Yacht Sales has one

Thunderbird Yacht Sales in Vancouver has 1 for $112k but that's the asking price.

T

Tom Clay

Catalina purchase

Will, We had to make the same choice in July of this year when we purchased our new C34 (Somewhere). I live and work in the Olympia area so I thought the Tacoma/Seattle broker was the obvious choice. I ended up buying from Performance in Bellingham because they were more flexible on the price, and would take our Macgreger in trade. Geoff also was honest and up front about everything. We had some warranty issues with our boat, but I have to say Performance Yachts took care of everything and made sure we were happy. I would not hesitate buying another boat from them. I have a close friend also looking to buy a Catalina 310. He will be meeting with Geoff the end of the month, he is also going to look at the used boat in Canada. Good Luck on your purchase, hope to see you on the water.

Dec 7, 2006
- - Seattle, WA
RE: Catalina Purchase

That makes it Performance- 2 Admiralty- 0 Thanks for your info, Tom.

R

roger

reef

Great boat. We paid $93,000 in August 01. The boat was full equipped with knot meter depth, auto pilot, dodger, wheel cover etc. and cushions and a great looking bedspread. Two minor problems that bother me. There is only one reef in the main and I would like more water in the main water tank. I can add a 20 gallon tank in forward of the tank but that adds bow weight. I am semi-retired and own my home. To keep my montly payments I put the loan on my home loan. Maybe not good business but that cut my monthly payment in half. Good luck.

Dec 7, 2006
- - Seattle, WA
RE: Reef

Thanks Reef. More water seems to be a common concern with 310 owners I have talked with.

B

Bonnie Bee

RE: Catalina purchase

I will jump on the bandwagon here and put another feather in Performance's cap. Bonnie Bee was purchased in 2002 and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another boat from Geoff. Good luck and I know you'll like the boat regardless of who you obtain it from.

Dec 7, 2006
- - Seattle, WA
RE: Catalina purchase

Thanks Bonnie. I've spoken with both Performance and Admirality. I'm prone to go with Performance due to the overwhelming preference that everyone has expressed.Thanks to all!!!!

Feb 6, 1998
Canadian Sailcraft 36T Casco Bay, ME
We bouth an 05 model

and paid $106,000. The boat has every available factory option including a RF main, dodger/bimini, speed, wind, depth, auto pilot, Raymarine C-80, cockpit cushions etc. etc... I know the price went up some but there is always some wiggle room. -Maine Sail

Dec 7, 2006
- - Seattle, WA
Thanks

Okay, you have convinced me and I think I have found a good 2004 Catalina 310. If all goes as planned I should have her berthed at my Lake Union slip in Seattle by mid-February. Thanks all!

Status
Not open for further replies.