Wire Pass-Thru

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 24, 2009
Catalina 310 Sturgeon Bay, WI
Planning out my spring projects. As I noted prior I will be mounting Radar, and the optional DGPS antenna on a pole with motor lift on the stern. What I wanted to get some comments on is what everyone else has found to the be best ways to pass those large wires (3/8" and 1/4") through the deck or hull? I am told that you can't splice the DGPS antenna, so that means that a 3/4" connector has to pass through the hole I put in. I had thought hole, drip loop, clam covering it, lots of sealant under the clam? Hope to take both through the same hole. I am sure someone has done this with success?

Ideas here team?

Thank in advance - Russ

May 10, 2008
Catalina 355 Boston
Planning out my spring projects. As I noted prior I will be mounting Radar, and the optional DGPS antenna on a pole with motor lift on the stern. What I wanted to get some comments on is what everyone else has found to the be best ways to pass those large wires (3/8" and 1/4") through the deck or hull? I am told that you can't splice the DGPS antenna, so that means that a 3/4" connector has to pass through the hole I put in. I had thought hole, drip loop, clam covering it, lots of sealant under the clam? Hope to take both through the same hole. I am sure someone has done this with success?

Ideas here team?

Thank in advance - Russ
Russ,
I would suggest the Blue Seas Cable Clams. They come in two sizes and are very easy to install. These will not allow you to pass two cables through the same clam however...

Attachments

May 17, 2012
Catalina C400 Corner Brook
Russ,

I installed a radar mast, with AIS/GPS antennas on my Catalina 400, what I used was a DS Multi from Scanstrut. I have 4 wired passed thru and still room for more.

Byron

Attachments

Aug 24, 2009
Catalina 310 Sturgeon Bay, WI
Byron

Thank you, I have never seen these will take the time to look them up. By the way do you have any more photos of your post installation?

Russ

May 17, 2012
Catalina C400 Corner Brook
Russ,

Here are a few more photos. I purchased the mast mount from Kato Marine in Annapolis last spring (purchased the boat there May 2012 in Annapolis).

Byron

Status
Not open for further replies.