Winterizing the AC motor ?

Pat

Jun 7, 2004
Oday 272LE Ninnescah Yacht Club, Wichita, Ks.
Last year I completly forgot to winterize the AC pump....so I got to buy a new pump this last spring. Now it is time to winterize again (or will be soon), and I was wondering about the best way to blow out the March pump prior to putting the boat away for the winter in the yard...Any caution statements or suggestions will be appreciated....I can easily remove the hoses, but to what extent should I blow out the hoses, pumps, etc.....thank you, Patrick

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Last year I completely forgot to winterize the AC pump....so I got to buy a new pump this last spring.
I need to replace the pump on my galley sink for the exact same reason...:oops:

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Hi Patrick. My system has a tee fitting and a valve so I can suck the pink stuff throughout the system. Seems more effective than air. I can show it to you this weekend if you are out at the dock.
My friend and I had a great sail Saturday. It was overcast but a nice wind. Jackie was in KC

Apr 21, 2014
Hunter 356 Middle River, MD
I have the blue plastic water hose in the whole boat for water and have a short piece that I put a air hose fitting on and fit that into the water manifold.
Connect the custom hose to the manifold and small air compressor and blow out the entire water system and actually take the water pump home for the winter. Do run anti freeze through the A/C pump and a small march pump for the generator.
Jeff

Mar 26, 2011
Corsair F-24 MK I Deale, MD
Tee and glycol. Takes only a few minutes.

The PO of my last boat liked to blow things out and take pumps home. As a result, many fittings had been worn out over the years.