Registered users don't see ads

winter cover

Discussion in 'Catalina 310' started by Lisa, Dec 3, 2017. Add this thread to a FAQ

1. PGUTIERREZ

PGUTIERREZ

Joined Jul 29, 2006
    24 posts, 6 likes
    -Catalina -2000 36'
    US Pepin, WI
    My Catalina 36 came with a “southern two piece” cover, meaning just long enough to be 2-3 inches above toe rail. I assume for ventilation. Boating on the upper Mississippi River (straight East of Rochester, MN) where boats are on the hard for six months, I like protecting gel coat from ice, minimizing UV exposure on hull, I had Ship Shape from Duluth extend the top covers to go one foot below toe rail, build a two piece skirt that covers the water line and a walk out transom cover. Takes 4-5 hours to go on, it gets easier every year. Takes patience, following Ship Shape’s instructions and a sturdy ladder. IMHO, worth it to protect the investment. Ship Shape was very accommodating and knowledgeable. Have a nice web sight with install video.

Merriman pedestal control head
Finally, an aluminum replacement for this YS Merriman part.
Gray Enterprises port gasket
Stop winter leaks. Compare our price!
20% OFF innovative boat clips!
FixClip holds laundry, tools, anything to rails and life lines even in strong winds.
Sail Trim Chart and Guide
When it comes to sailing, as basic as salt and pepper and just as indispensable!