Winter Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 31, 1969
- - -
And another thing

After my recent disaster with a tent for my beloved boat (the wind blew it away), I went to Wally World and bought a "cheap" boat cover only to discover that there is no way to prevent water from puddling in the boat. So I went to the hardware store and "built" out of pvc pipe an arch structure to lift the cover so that rain would roll off. Well, with my Conestoga like frame and my new cover in place, I parked the boat once again in the back yard, making my wife happy at having her spot in in the garage back. However, now the wind blew my frame apart so I had to rebuild it, this time with duct tape. However, as it is raining heavely in the mountain state, the area of the cuddy filled with water, enough in which to take a bath. So, in the rain, I had to remove the cover, place the cuddy cover (with those supports) in place, then recover the boat! Last fall I bought a tent to cover the boat. It blew away. Now I bought a boat cover and it's going to blow away. How come the wind doesn't blow like this when I am out on the lake??????????????? Am I doing something wrong?

O

obses4sail

Roller drum

I have thought on this roller furling and I have a question, when you pull the line to furl, does the drum rotate clockwise? If it does and it won't tighten up all the way, try rewinding and add a few more winds to the drum.

Status
Not open for further replies.