Windmilling prop

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tim Welsh

Practical Sailor has opposite results.

Well now, I guess I will have to perform the test again, maybey a couple of times. then report back. Maybey doing shots of cabo wabo tequila....HMMMM Well you would think more consumption would slow your average speed down. If the speed picks up there is less consumption if you are drinking at a steady pace. Think I'll stick with the beer doing the test. Don't need to get waboed. Tim Welsh H34 AKA Cabo Wabo

J

Jim Smith

Keep those results coming Tim *5

and I'm particularly interested if you do the test using the "Pina CoWabo" to keep you hydrated ;D Regards, -Jim- s/v Forever

T

Tim Welsh

pitcher of waboritas

I guess I could make a pitcher of waborita's for the next test, my lady will be with me this weekend and she likes them also. Have a couple of fiths on board so that would be a good reason to make some waboritas

R

Rich

Same results as Tim

Sailing in San Francisco Bay with it's strong winds, we have had the same results as Tim. It appears there is finally a direct correlation between beer consumption and speed. With our FOLDING PROP we rarely have any windmilling issues. However, we certainly have beer consumption issues. At higher speeds the issue of spillage, although a sad factor, must also be included in the equation.

Rick

Oct 5, 2004
Hunter 420 Passage San Diego
Beers per mile, miles per beer, Whisky in the Jaro

After exhaustive research in the last week, I find that the more knots we log, the less beers per mile are consumed... I know that simple algebra will back me up here, but when we switched over to whiskey, the equation went non-linear, and we're using various algorithms to sort it out... results pending computer analysis. In the meantime, starting in reverse, with a nudge into neutral, has worked just fine... but we found that telling the difference between reverse and neutral became problematic toward the end of the experiments. Mahalo - Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.