will be participating in a regatta...!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tono

Apr 17, 2007
- - Puerto Rico...Boqueron bay
..and its an open sailboat competition. I will run against cruiser sail boats which I consider them beaten. But there are 2 boats that will be hard to beat. A J-24 and a J-22. PHRF will not be cosidered as far as I know. ( whats the rating for the Hunter 170?) The winds should be 10-12 knots..and a beautiful sun shiny day... What are my chances..!!!!!!!!!!!!????????? Tono Boqueron Bay Puerto Rico

B

Brian

Good luck

Good luck, we will be interested to hear how you do. Will you have crew, how many?. If the winds are 12 knots, you will be healed over and possibly over powered so you will not be able to sail as fast as the boats with a keel like the J boats. Also, because they have so much more sail area, it will be hard for you to beat them boat for boat. But it should be fun. Brian

Tono

Apr 17, 2007
- - Puerto Rico...Boqueron bay
Thanks..

Brian... Thanks..!! I will be at the helm / mainsail control and the second crew at the Jib. A velocitek GPS velocimeter will keep me constantly updated for changes of speed while trimming both sails ..second to second.. A Tacktick compass wireless electronics will give me additional help with tacking adequately. Other boats here...are lacking this info..!! The additional keel weight and sail area on J boats is a concern Only on certain points of Sail. Not all of them.And this is something I should keep my concentration constantly updated. Heard this Hunter 170 is a very fast little boat..that well sailed will give rewarding surprises..!! 10-12 knots winds are not mayor heeling factors with this boats in my experience. More than that,,,Certainly. Will keep you updated with the results and other members experiences certainly are welcome & rewarding..!!! Tono from the Shinning Star Island of the Caribbean..!!

Status
Not open for further replies.