Who is sleeping on their boat this weekend?

Sep 20, 2006
Hunter 33 Georgian Bay, Ontario, Canada
If I'm at the boat, I'm sleeping on it, it's 3 hours away. Was up, out, last weekend for 2 nights out, even though lots of stuff to do. Spent all morning Sat figuring out why the solar panel wasn't showing up on the battery monitor as charging when the batteries were increasing in voltage. Brain fart, but figured it out eventually. But was a gorgeous weekend so all worth it.
At our previous marina we had the reputation of being the fastest to load the boat and away from the dock. Would spend 1 or 2 nights out.

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
Arrived at the boat around 4:30. Socialized, updated instruments, went for a very nice sail, very romantic to have TowboatUS tow me in as the sun set under a full moon.
2 bourbons later intake clog fixed, engine test run and now climbing into bunk after this post.
Nite all

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Arrived at the boat around 4:30. Socialized, updated instruments, went for a very nice sail, very romantic to have TowboatUS tow me in as the sun set under a full moon.
2 bourbons later intake clog fixed, engine test run and now climbing into bunk after this post.
Nite all
Cheers:beer:

I’m on my second scotch... being serenaded by two bull frogs and many tree frogs

Buenas noches

Nov 8, 2007
Hunter 27_75-84 Sandusky Harbor Marina, Ohio
We are aboard since Thursday, sailed via Pelee to Leamington, ON, for the Great Lakes Cruising Club Lake Erie Rendevous. Fun people with a good, entertaining program. But sleep was interrupted by midnight gales and surges both at Scudders on Pelee, and here at Leamington.

Jul 27, 2011
Bavaria 38E Alamitos Bay
Been on the hook and sleeping aboard since May 31; and will be through next weekend at least. LOTS of catching up to do after a winter and early spring of desultory use of the boat.:what:

No nighttime gales or T-storms here in Port San Luis, thankfully. Calm nights following die-off of afternoon winds. Two weeks on the hook w/o making a new destination every other day is very relaxing, especially with no other boats in here to “bother me.” Helps retard the relentless advance of curmudgeonliness.:thumbup:

Last edited:

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Belliure 41 Sailing back to the Chesapeake
We are getting a storm ,looks like anyway. Wind is whipping up, a lot of fetch as it's a South wind. Was checking to see if I'd finally gotten all the bottom things done as last year I lived with the bilge pump running with excessive frequency. I'm extremely happy to report I now have a dry bilge! And the Trinka I got is awesome! What a phenomenal tender!

dj

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
I am not sleeping on my boat this weekend, bit my Admiral gave me an early Fathers Day gift and said “Go sailing Friday afternoon, I will stay home and cut the grass”.

We were expecting pretty angry winds, and she knew she would not enjoy an sail in 30 knot gusts. And I needed to cut the grass before rain and storms settled in for the Father’s Day weekend.

Lots of wind, and a really fast sail under a double reefed genoa.

So I went for a sail and came home to a well manicured lawn.

Happy Fathers Day to me!

Greg

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Greg. That looks like it was a great sail, and then groomed lawn. You hit two of a trifecta. Better go get a lottery ticket. It might be your weekend.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Just got back from 10 days cruising in the San Juan Islands....
@DrJudyB, golly, wish I'd known you were coming. Would have loved to have met you (after all that nonsense with that strange Mark guy). You sure picked some great weather, thanks for bringing it with you! It's still here. Makes me feel like I'm still in California: "Drought's comin'." Drats.

Jan 19, 2010
My Trimaran friend was out again this weekend. Got some closer shots this time...
IMG_1702[1].JPG

Jan 19, 2010
I did not take as many pics as I should have but here are a few more...
IMG_1630[1].JPG

IMG_1709[1].JPG