Who designed the 170?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gball

Jun 8, 2004
Hunter 170 Alachua, FL
Hi all, I was just reading this month's Sailing World magazine, featuring a brief write-up of the new J/100 (a 33 foot sailing yacht--- or gentleman's "daysailer" as J's marketing team has dubbed it!!). The brief says Rod Johnstone designed this fine yacht and a thought popped into my head that Johnstone is also the designer of several of JY Boats' small offerings, including the h140. Does anyone know WHO designed the 170? Was it Johnstone or the "Hunter Design Team". Just curious, but thought someone on here might know for sure--- or perhaps Eric Macklin with Hunter drops by here from time to time and can say for sure? Happy sailing, Mike G.

B

Brian

170 design

According to the literature that came with my 170, it was design by the "Hunter Design Team".

Jun 4, 2004
- - High Springs
Hunter Design Team

Like all our boats, the 170 was indeed designed by a team comprised of engineers, boat builders, sales staff, and one very experienced sailor. All have input into the initial design and modifications through the review and prototype process. As I recall, the primary naval architect on that project was Chuck Burns.

gball

Jun 8, 2004
Hunter 170 Alachua, FL
170 design team

Thanks for the clarification, Eric! Mike G. --(Turkey Creek) Alachua, FL

Status
Not open for further replies.