Where to put our 170 in Sarasota Fl??

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kris

We are moving to Sarasota Florida and haven't found many places to put out Hunter 170. We would like to stay in between Sarasota & Venice. We need a dry storage area & ramp. (so we don't have to rig everytime to go out) Otherwise I'll have to reasearch boat ramps & just rig everytime.....any ideas to put it??

Grizz

Jan 13, 2006
Hunter 28.5 Park Ridge, IL
SSS?

I'd check out Sarasota Sailing Squadron, just north of New Pass @ Long Boat Key. Active sailers, good facility, good location. Two experiences catching a ride on Wednesdays as a visiting 'snowbird' and had a great time both times. The marinas in the area can be viewed via marinas.com, just google & go! Good luck.

B

Bill O'D

Try Siesta Key

Run a classified ad looking for a dock on one of the canals. You could get yourself a free slip if you share the boat with the homeowner.

K

Kris

thanks

Thanks, we did visit there and it looks like that is the place. Not many places to put daysails...I think we are going to try there. When you're down visiting, look us up! There are a few Hunter 170 in there... :) Thanks again, Kris

K

Kris

Thanks to you too

Thanks for the idea, it's a good one! I think we really want to keep the small boat on land when not in use. Thanks again, Kris

Status
Not open for further replies.