where to put eyebrows on a catalina 25

Nov 4, 2012
compac compac 23 I Salem, MA
I purchased eyebrows from catalina direct. Now that I have them I have no idea where exactly to put them.

First some disambiguation: some people call the wood around the companion way " eyebrows", the two wood panels to the left and right of the opening. Thats not what I am talking about. I am referring to the decorative strip that runs on the side of the cabin superstructure - possibly above the portholes (portholes being the eyes, the strip the "eyebrow").

My problem is that there is no room above the portholes/windows. The 2 or 3 inch area between the upper edge of the porthole frame and the indenture of the cabin roof is already taken by the posts for the snaps for the cover for the poptop. Or am I really expected to fit the eyebrow in there really tight? Or go below the window/portholes? Or somewhere else alltogether.

And then - assume they go over the portholes - where to begin and end? Align it with the end of the porthole frame?

If anyone has a good picture of such eyebrows on a Catalina 25, please post it or email me.

regards,

Dirk