Where is the engine blower? 2004 Hunter Passage 466

Feb 5, 2013
Hunter 2004 Passage 466 Clearwater
Ok, Engine blower will not start, nor will the engine. Seems there is an engine shutoff based on the blower. But I cannot find the blower. It is not shown anywhere in the schematics of the 466. Please advise!
Bella Vita

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Different model than yours, but our blower is located beneath a panel port side next to the nav station where the washer/dryer combo normally is located. The switch is located on the power panel. Hope that helps.

Feb 5, 2013
Different model than yours, but our blower is located beneath a panel port side next to the nav station where the washer/dryer combo normally is located. The switch is located on the power panel. Hope that helps.
Well I have the Washer&Dryer combo but it is on the opposite side from the nav station. It may be behind the WD but that will not be fun to move...

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
Ok, Engine blower will not start, nor will the engine. Seems there is an engine shutoff based on the blower. But I cannot find the blower. It is not shown anywhere in the schematics of the 466. Please advise!
Bella Vita
I think it is the other way around, as the blower often comes out of a relay at the inst panel, operated by the ignition switch on or whatever yours is.

Feb 5, 2013
Ron, not sure I understand you. What I can tell you is the blower stopped working and the engine will not start nor the gennie...

Dec 2, 2003
Hunter 260 winnipeg, Manitoba
Do you have an automatic fire suppression system? If I recall correctly - if some of the automatic extinguisher systems have low pressure they will prevent the motor starting unless a bypass switch is activated.

Looks like in the 2004 manual you do have an automated system that would shut down blower, genset and motor if there is low pressure in the extinguisher system. Pages 188-189 show an override button on the alarm/monitor panel that can allow you to use the motors until you get the fire system fixed.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2013
Bella Vita
Ok, I have solved it!! My Hunter 2004 466 has a Seafire system that shuts the engine and gennie off in the event of fire. It has failed, I did an override of the system. Now the blower, engine and gennie all work!

Feb 5, 2013
Do you have an automatic fire suppression system? If I recall correctly - if some of the automatic extinguisher systems have low pressure they will prevent the motor starting unless a bypass switch is activated.

Looks like in the 2004 manual you do have an automated system that would shut down blower, genset and motor if there is low pressure in the extinguisher system. Pages 188-189 show an override button on the alarm/monitor panel that can allow you to use the motors until you get the fire system fixed.
And yes you are correct. Where do you find the manual that lists that? The manual I have does not mention this fire extinguisher system...

Dec 2, 2003
Hunter 260 winnipeg, Manitoba
At the top of this forum page should be a link called “boat info”. Once on that page On the right select “hunter resources”, then select your 466 from the list, then on the left is downloads - lists manuals for 2003 and 2004. In the 2004 manual the wiring diagrams are on the pages I indicated previously.

It doesn’t talk about the low pressure issue though, that came from too many years spent being a member of these forums! You should be able to download a seafire extinguisher manual though that talks about its operation, likely just need the model number.

Feb 5, 2013
At the top of this forum page should be a link called “boat info”. Once on that page On the right select “hunter resources”, then select your 466 from the list, then on the left is downloads - lists manuals for 2003 and 2004. In the 2004 manual the wiring diagrams are on the pages I indicated previously.

It doesn’t talk about the low pressure issue though, that came from too many years spent being a member of these forums! You should be able to download a seafire extinguisher manual though that talks about its operation, likely just need the model number.
Thanks so much! Just bought this Hunter so getting accustomed to all of the online resources available...