Where does your SBO username come from???

Jan 6, 2010
Sail,

My sister, her 2 daughters & my brother's wife are RN's.
I don't how you guys do it, I stand in awe.

I've always believed by watching nurses in action that they & not doctors give the best care to patients. Doctors spend minutes, nurses the whole day. This is where my respect lies.

If you wish to change your handle, what about NURSIN', I NURSE, RN'S RULE OR, WE CARE.

Just some bad ideas on my part. Wow a nurse & sailor, how much bed space do you have on your boat, just a thought.

My hat is off to you dear & all nurses..........

Thanks for your caring & compassion.

CR

Oct 1, 2015
Clark San Juan 30 Blaine WA
Our vessel got the name as I met my bride now of 16 years online in a chat room she lived in Ontario Canada and I was in the United States. When we were trying to name or Boat we came up with all kinds of really cool names. The one we decided on was UsCa we felt that was a perfect name my wife being from the Great Country of Canada abbreviation is Ca. And me from the Great Country of the United States abbreviation is Us. So we put the Two together as one as we are one (UsCa) So here is the very first Pic of SV UsCa
IMG_0320.JPG

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2011
Hunter 27 Cherubini Alum Creek State Park
GorillaToast is the name of an online game I conceived in 2000. Based on a board game style spinner, when the pointer landed on the GorillaToast space, a smoldering cartoon gorilla would pop up out of a toaster. Unfortunately, this was before the era of crowd funding, and I never got it off the ground. But, I continued to use the name for forum user names b/c it seemed rare enough I wouldn't have to worry about someone else having it.

Jan 6, 2010
Chevy,
Any relation to Chevy Chase? I remember the National Lampoon Vacation movies,
what a hoot.

There was a Kurt Russell movie called Captain Ron. I, started in '82 on a 44 ft. CSY.
I got my first boat in 1987. In 1990, I moved up to my C30.

I was never the proper (yacht club type) captain & never wore the jacket, the epilates or the cap.
I was more of a revolutionary type. I always hated following strict captain rules.
My boating was always loose & fun for my friends & invitees. I also was not the Capt'n. Quigley type BARKING orders.

My friends started calling me Captain Ron & by 1992, it kinda stuck with me, hence the username.
Just a short history on monikers pal, I think asking this question is very KOOL MAN.

I always hoped someone would start a thread asking for username origins, until you did.

I confess, I am guilty.

CR

Aug 2, 2009
Catalina 315 Muskegon
Aha....Jackdaw's going for biggest thread ever.

Saimese, cuz that's what my cats are, and they're pretty much in charge around here. And then there's our boat, Straycat (a "Cat"alina).

Feb 24, 2013
Coronado C25 San Pedro, CA
I have been trying to figure which name I wanted for the boat for three years, so I decided to use an email name. I finally did come up with a name this year "FREEKI TIKI"

Oct 1, 2015
Clark San Juan 30 Blaine WA
Ok well Chevy was the Name I was using while on the Chat room when we answered each other and 1217 was the day we got Married so that is how Chevy1217 came about.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Joining in the self disclosure. JSsailem... JS are my first and last name initials, I love sailing, and I live in the Pacific Northwest in Salem Oregon. So when I joined SBO it seemed like a good name to use.

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
LOL... I didn't dig this one back up after a year+ in remission..... ;^) But they are fun reads for sure.

May 12, 2004
Hunter Cherubini 30 New Port Richey
I think Boat Babe's got that locked up.
For as long as I have been on this site, this is the first time coming across this thread. Glad I didn't have anything important to do this afternoon. It's been a fun read.
My moniker is pretty boring. Just my name and the number SBO assigned me. However, I find it hard to believe there are 5047 others using the name Roland out there. :)