Where do I hang wet towels!?

Jun 14, 2010
Robertson & Caine 2017 Leopard 40 CT
A hint I picked up from Bill and Sue was to use your washcloth to wipe the water off your body, wringing it out as necessary. Then there is hardly any to have to dry with the bigger towel.
Where's the "thumbs down" button? ;)

May 7, 2012
Hunter e33 Maple Bay, BC
A hint I picked up from Bill and Sue was to use your washcloth to wipe the water off your body, wringing it out as necessary. Then there is hardly any to have to dry with the bigger towel.
+1. The more water that goes down the drain the less that goes in the towel and subsequently the less in the boat that you have to get rid of.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
I have seen people put the towel around a stay, then twist the heck and wringe the water out of it. I pointed out they were probably breaking the threads in the towels that way.

Oct 6, 2007
Hunter H30 1982 Chicago IL
+1. The more water that goes down the drain the less that goes in the towel and subsequently the less in the boat that you have to get rid of.
Kind of surprised it took 19 posts to get to it. I picked up this habit from a room mate in college and have been doing it ever since. At home as well as on the boat. In fact, at home, when I wipe myself down before squeegeeing the marble tile and glass door, I’m almost dry by the time I step out of the shower. Hope that wasn’t TMI.

Mar 26, 2011
Corsair F-24 MK I Deale, MD
^^ He has a good, basic point, that is easy to miss. Simply standing in the shower for a few minutes greatly reduces the amount of water. Then a hand towel is enough.

When I had my cruising cat and was going farther, I had a string I would stretch across the cockpit, under the hard top. It held a lot. I kept it pretty tight to the roof and left a gap down the middle. I also showered off the boat whenever practical, which it often was. But that still left me with a towel in most cases.