Where can I get these parts?

Dec 15, 2017
Catalina 22 Marathon, FL
I just bought a Fixed Keel Catalina 22 and was sailing it this past weekend when my headstay broke. These aluminum pieces shown below broke inside my furler and I need to either buy new ones, buy used ones or make new ones. Would anyone know where to get theses?

Attachments

Nov 26, 2012
Hunter 34 Berkeley
Who makes the furler? That would be the place to go. Depending on the age of the furler they may no longer be available. New furler?

Dec 15, 2017
Catalina 22 Marathon, FL
Who makes the furler? That would be the place to go. Depending on the age of the furler they may no longer be available. New furler?
As far as I know it was made by CDI. It is an older furler and when I called CDI they said they no longer make this furler. I am curious to know if anyone has run into this problem and would know where to get some replacement parts? Those little Aluminum pieces are ALL that I need to get the head sail back up and running. If worse comes to worse I will probably end up making a fiberglass mold and recreating them. Thanks for the quick response markwbird

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
These aluminum pieces shown below broke inside my furler and I need to either buy new ones, buy used ones or make new ones. ...QUOTE]

Is that piece broken in LENGTH, and there is supposed to be only the 4 splines??? I can look in Bacon's next week. How LONG is it supposed to be?

Dec 15, 2017
Catalina 22 Marathon, FL
These aluminum pieces shown below broke inside my furler and I need to either buy new ones said:
Is that piece broken in LENGTH, and there is supposed to be only the 4 splines??? I can look in Bacon's next week. How LONG is it supposed to be?]
Ron20324. That piece in my hand is one of the 3 that survived unscathed. The other 5 are broken in half, multiple pieces, or bent down the middle. The good ones are 4 inches long and yes have those 4 splines. They butt up against each other to act as what I can only equate to as a bearing/bushing/locking piece that locks the furling pieces in place, to keep them lined up, while hugging the cable when the headsail is unfurled along the headstay. Excuse any miss names on the sailing terms. I am still really new at this as far as sailing terminology goes.

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
Those are definitely bearings.... usually held in place by set screws in the foil.
I've seen complete CDI FF2 furling units for $445.... before you start fabricating parts... check through the other pieces... swivel, drum, internal halyard, etc. might be cheaper and safer to replace.

Oct 25, 2011
Island Packet IP31 Lake St. Louis, Montreal
You could try a local machine shop for a quote.

These can get messed up when you raise or lower the mast when the foil kinks at the joints. We used to tie the foil ot he mast with some tension on it to minimize the kinks.

Chjeers

Matt