Where can I get a replacement pump handle?

Feb 15, 2009
2 28 Home Port Marina, Ozona
While working on the refit for my 1984 O'day 28'. The handle to the manual bilge pump has disappeared. The pump is the Raritan located in the transom in the cockpit. Any ideas of where to get a replacement or how to replicate it. I have used the pump recently, so I am pretty sure it is working fine. (If I had the handle of cours).

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
Have you tried calling Raritan? Or doing a google search?

Feb 15, 2009
I did a google search, not a lot of luck. My goal was to find one cheap, used perhaps. But, you are right, probably going to have to go to the manufacturer. Thanks.

Jul 27, 2011
Bavaria 38E Alamitos Bay
1984? Doing a refit? Time to install a new pump! I don't think Raritan sells bilge pumps any longer, so probably does mot have spare handles.:banghead:

Feb 15, 2009
All good stuff, for the time being, I'll try to just fit a pipe. -- Yes doing a refit, maybe a good idea to look into replacing.

Johnb

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 37-cutter Richmond CA
Just make sure the rubber bellows are not perished or ready to split on you.

Jul 27, 2011
Bavaria 38E Alamitos Bay
Just make sure the rubber bellows are not perished or ready to split on you.
Yeah, I've seen that happen. The manual should be tested yearly by pumping real water from the bilge; a few gallons at minimum. Also, if it's not covered or hasn't been, I would not trust it to work for long w/o splitting.

Pat

Jun 7, 2004
Oday 272LE Ninnescah Yacht Club, Wichita, Ks.
I have an extra yellow handle for a bilge pump...the pump was removed before the boat was commissioned but I kept the handle.....it looks to be about 1/2 inch in diameter...is a very beefy metal and I bet it would work for you...I think I have two so you are welcome to have one.......need to insure I still have one on the boat first though....just let me know your address and I'll check the status of pump my other one on the boat and send this one to you.....Patrick in Wichita.

Feb 15, 2009
I'm going to take all the great advice. First really check the reliability long term of the pump. No sense being cheap on something this important. Maybe time to replace this 30+ year item. I'm in Bradenton, Fl.