Where are your vents on the H260?

Jul 18, 2015
Hunter 340 Rogersville, AL
I am thinking of installing a Nicro, Vent o Mate, or equivalent vent of sorts on my 260 for when it is closed up and sitting at the dock. It currently has nothing and feels/smells like a jungle now that summer is here. Any recommendations of where to drill 4" holes in my boat? Pics please. I really want to stay away from installing one in the front hatch since I stand on it when hoisting the anchor.

May 27, 2004
- - Boston
Hi,
I leave the aft hatch (over the aft berth) open just a crack, the hatch has a slightly open and locked position. Here in New England, that works just fine. It might not be enough in the south where you get hotter, more humid air.
Perhaps a vent in the top hatch board would help (if you don't have canvas over it)?

Jul 2, 2016
Hunter 26.5 Paris Landing TN
I have the same problem in West TN. My hunter 26.5 seems to hold moisture too. I have thus far kept my 12v fan running while plugged in at dock as well as keeping my box fan on to help circulate air. I too would like to install a vent.

Pat

Jun 7, 2004
Oday 272LE Ninnescah Yacht Club, Wichita, Ks.
The "Vent-o-mate is a fantastic product.....esp. so here on the plains where the wind is seldom calm.....we installed the stainless one and it continues to keep the boat fresh smelling thru the winter. It does not leak, it just exhausts
stale cabin air 24 hours a day depending upon the wind....in very hot weather you will be amazed how fresh it keeps the air in the cabin....we never close ours and it never leaks. Get the stainless model...Patrick in windy Wichita.