When there's no wind.....

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Excellent! :clap:
I got it. The view was there, just before the dizziness started.

If you're not having fun sailing you're doing it wrong.

- Will (Dragonfly)

Apr 22, 2016
Catalina 22 Folsom Lake
Ha! Thank you for sharing. At least you are out on the water.
We’ve all been there - when an idea goes sideways, or starts to spin out of control.
You’ll figure it out.
Thanks for the laugh!

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Man that’s calm. As we say, a ‘glass out’.

I have a GP Mount on the headboard of my main. Every now and then we hoist up a session an let it run in time-lapse or stills mode. Here’s a time lapse, first looking aft then fore, depending on the jibe.

Sep 14, 2014
Catalina 22 Pensacola, Florida
pic from up there on masthead with my gopro knockoff CJcam. Have video too but bit nauseous from spin around while going up and down on halyard. May show sometime.
top of mast 2.png
top of mast 2.png

Jul 13, 2015
Catalina 22 #2552 2252 Kennewick, WA
Nothing special here, but if you want to see dead calm: can actually see the mantus lying on the river bed -- the chain alone is holding us with no need to actually set the anchor. Lazy Lazy Lazy-- thank goodness for the boom tent.

Will definitely have to work up some different views of real sailing:) @Jacktar , love the mast head timelapse.

and I goofed-- @Jackdaw love both versions of the mastheads shots... you two are too close for comfort on the @ scale :)

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2014
Appreciate the compliment, but actually if you look, i screwed up and posted the same pix twice. oops.

Dec 5, 2011
Catalina Catalina 22 13632 Phenix City
I love a GoPro for the fact that you can stick one just about anywhere. I have a permanent mount on my main sail's headboard as well and the view looking down as the sail goes up is one of the coolest I've ever shot in my opinion. I keep thinking I need to strap mine to the dog and see where he goes while I'm at work but I might not want to know.....:rolleyes:

Sep 14, 2014
Dogs and women in your life should never be go pro ed you do not want to know, trust me.