when something little turns in to something more

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
Leeward- it is a tad unclear as to whether that was a round-a-bout criticism or not (I can handle it either way) I will simply say I didn't want to spend the money on all the different colors I would need and I only have a few things so I kept it simple. Red=+ black =-
No, no criticism intended. It was aimed at people reading this thread in the future, and reinforcing Stingy's comment.

I could wish the people, who had played with wiring I ended up fixing, would, at least, use red+ black- consistently for dc only wiring.

It's the horrible "random changing colors" patched wiring nightmare that I can't excuse.
Heck... They can even invent their own code.. fine.. the next person may be cursing initially... but at least it should be consistent.

EDIT: If one end of a wire is red and the other is black or yellow or... it's a recipe for trouble and confusion.

Fwiw: You do great work IMO.

Cheers,
Roy

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2015
catalina 22 Fort Walton
*Spartacus checks out rainbow colored wiring he just ran through his mast....sheepishly makes a note to purchase red and black marine wire to rewire mast with...