What's your favorite boat name?

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
[QUOTE="Jwhy, ... I like Xtasea [/QUOTE]

Don't we ALL! My boat partner showed up with "a movie we just had to watch"! Sorry, I already had a copy of "Sailing Into Ecstasy".

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
Hey, Kermit... Did you read "Barney and Clyde" in the Sunday funnies? It'll make ya croak. Oh, wait...

Jun 28, 2016
Hunter 23.5 Paupack, PA
our boat is named "BareWithUs
Ha! That's just the sort of thing you would expect near Havasu. Always naked, and fee-e-e-ling good. I'll bet you even have one of those evil jet skis. I'm standing and shaking my fist in outrage... Damn this eye patch and painted on arms!

Dec 13, 2010
Hake 32RK Red Bank
My boat's name was found on a visit to Polynesia 15 years ago. I said if I ever get a new boat I am going to name her Mauru 'Uru-Tahitian for Thank You or Thankfulness. I did, and I did and I think about that name a lot. On a particularly bad passage last year through the Windward passage we lost the stbd lower shroud and nearly lost the mast. I am convinced the name mattered!

Apr 26, 2015
S2 26 Mid On Trailer
Ha! That's just the sort of thing you would expect near Havasu. Always naked, and fee-e-e-ling good. I'll bet you even have one of those evil jet skis. I'm standing and shaking my fist in outrage... Damn this eye patch and painted on arms!
No we only have a sailboat. Jet skis are nothing, everyone here has a 35' powerboat with twin 505s and straight pipes running by you at 100 mph. They do have an 85 decibel max rule in the marina though, haha. One of the reasons sailing season is Oct-Mar.

May 25, 2004
Hunter 25.5 Panama City, FL
Mz Huff n Puff..01.jpg
This was my first sailboat, a Lone Star 16 that I bought on a whim. I had been thinking of what to name it and my husband told me that I would need to huff and puff to get it going so I named it Mz HuffnPuff.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2008
Gulf 29 Little Current, ON
Here are a couple:
Mast Transit
Last Resort
After Taxes
Bow Movement
I walked by this boat 3 times before I deciphered this one:
IOITOME

Yes "Knot Again" should be "Knot Again III"

Attachments

DaveJ

Apr 2, 2013
Catalina 310 Niagara-on-the-Lake
A friend of mine has the last name Roach.....ya, he named his boat 'The Clipper'.

Cheers

JCall

May 3, 2016
Macgregor 26D Ceasars Creek
DaveJ said:
A friend of mine has the last name Roach.....ya, he named his boat 'The Clipper'. Cheers
That must be Steve Roach, he owns a Barber/hairstyle shop called "Gentlemen's Quarter's" in West Chester, Ohio. Appropriately named business because he is a fine gentleman. Steve's clients include many executives in the greater Cincinnati area. Most notably former Speaker John Boehner.

I also have enjoyed this thread and want to extend my appreciation to all who have contributed to it! I have fond memories of crewing on "Scheherazade" in the early '80s on Lake Saint Clair. "FUJIMO" raced there also.

Feb 8, 2013
Tartan 34 sw florida
I named my previous sailboat "Tropical Depression"
Named current sailboat "Romantic Comedy" with a dingy named "Happily Ever After"
Had a power boat with my dad that I named "Two Nuts"

I think of new boat names all the time.

One of my favorites is "Diastole"

I do hate names that are in other languages and unpronounceable. (as long as they are us boats and not long distance cruisers)

Oct 6, 2007
Hunter H30 1982 Chicago IL
There is a very nice young couple on the next dock over. Jon had a sailboat named "Destinations Knot Sure". Then Jon met Ali. I think she prefers power boats. They're married now and have a power boat named....."Ali Won".

In a different category; the somewhat less tasteful boat names that I can't get out of my head, I saw a power boat in the harbor a few years ago named "Patty's Porta-Party".

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2015
S2 26 Mid On Trailer
Lee's current name for our new 1975 project S2 26 Mid is TOPoSS (acronym of course). It's in bad shape. Maybe she will want to change it when the boat is all pretty.