What's your favorite boat name?

DaveJ

Apr 2, 2013
Catalina 310 Niagara-on-the-Lake
How come most of the 'questionable' names are on big power boats? Just askin'.....

Nov 30, 2015
Hunter 1978 H30 Cherubini, Treman Marina, Ithaca, NY
I might have insisted on one more guideline...
11) Must not invoke the memory of any dead guys tragically killed in a sport they loved.

Now, the Admiral is one fine lady, but tell me, has she been hangin' round any rock legends lately?
Actually...yes, to your question about hanging out with rock stars, and/or stars in general...some legends. Although we were struck hard about Sonny's fatal skiing accident, we've had to deal with others much closer to home...like this guy here with Cindy; her favorite actor and comedian.

IMG_0285.JPG

We've learned over these six decades of living that death and S##t happens. We're gonna have to take a waiver on Requirement 11, simply due to our ignorance and need for memorial. I think Cindy wants to Name our dinghy "Doubtfire" now. I better buy a reliable outboard for it...arrrrggh!

Nov 12, 2015
Catalina 22 Lake LBJ
My dad's boats: Moore Fun (Catalina 27), then Moore Fun Too (Tartan 33-sank in Hurricane Ike);
my boat (Catalina 22) a little Moore Fun to keep up the family legacy.

Feb 20, 2011
Island Packet 35 Tucson, AZ/San Carlos, MX
My dad's boats: Moore Fun (Catalina 27), then Moore Fun Too (Tartan 33-sank in Hurricane Ike);
my boat (Catalina 22) a little Moore Fun to keep up the family legacy.
Seems to be a popular name.
DSC02895 - Copy.JPG

A 40 foot Challenger ketch in Puerto Penasco, MX.

Dec 1, 1999
Hunter 28.5 Chesapeake Bay
When I last chartered in the Virgins, I pulled into an anchorage and there was a boat anchored nearby with a dinghy floating behind it. The boat's name was "SexAsea," and the name on the dinghy was "SexAshore." Ya gotta love it.

Bob J.

Apr 14, 2009
Sabre 28 NH
The name of the boat was Change Orders.
Most of my life has been spent working in the construction business, that is a pretty neat name.
I remember an excavation contractor that had a beautiful Hatteras named Ditch Digger.

Jun 29, 2016
Catalina Capri 14.2 NORFOLK
A boat I once saw in Toronto harbor: "Was His". Another one: "Molar Power" (apparently owned by a dentist).

I am naming my boat "Worth the Weight" in celebration of the 90 pounds I lost this year and why I finally bought a boat.

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
We have a Grin and Bare It in our basin. Powerboat though.

Apr 26, 2015
S2 26 Mid On Trailer
I wonder how many others just looked for pictures on your profile page. I'm admitting it. Everyone raise your hand.
HaHa, I double check when ever I post a picture. We were sitting on the beach at Yellowstone Lake, naked, when we shot the avatar picture.

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
HaHa, I double check when ever I post a picture. We were sitting on the beach at Yellowstone Lake, naked, when we shot the avatar picture.
You had the camera turned around the wrong way. I hate when that happens!

Feb 20, 2011
Island Packet 35 Tucson, AZ/San Carlos, MX
Saw a beautiful sailboat today named Imagine. Will get a photo tomorrow.

It is now tomorrow. Good lookin' Alberg, huh?

DSC04065 - Copy.JPG

Katja and Alex own her.

Last edited: