What's your favorite boat name?

Feb 26, 2011
Achilles SD-130 Alameda, CA
Back in the '70s when I was a kid crewing for my dad on his salmon troller out of Pacific City, Oregon, we had a friend who named his boat, "Crack Of Dawn." I don't have to tell you what his wife's name was, do I? :biggrin:

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
Back in the '70s when I was a kid crewing for my dad on his salmon troller out of Pacific City, Oregon, we had a friend who named his boat, "Crack Of Dawn." I don't have to tell you what his wife's name was, do I? :biggrin:
Oh no he didn't!

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
I may have posted about this elsewhere, but in the 70's one of my dad's friends was a general contractor that had a really nice stinkpotter (if you like that sort of thing) - a 58 foot Hatteras. The name of the boat was Change Orders.

Jan 17, 2013
Catalina 310 St. Simons Island, GA
Two favorites: old beat up houseboat named "Piece of Ship" and saw another beat up boat on a coastal river nearby that was named: "Cirrhosis of the River"

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
A derelict fishing runabout.. "Git Da Net!"
A largish power cruiser with children's toys on the back deck.. "Shut Up and Sit Down"

pateco

Aug 12, 2014
Hunter 31 (1983) Pompano Beach FL
Almost named our boat the
Chips_Ahoy.png

But decided I didn't want the boat named after me.

Karyon

Jun 8, 2004
Hunter 23.5 Red deer, Alberta
My wife came up with "dunno" I mentioned to her what if we get in trouble and have to call the coast guards , The the guards would be asking the name of our vessel then we have to say " I dunno?" .
so we went "Karyon" instead, as we are just carrying on with our business.

Jun 28, 2016
Hunter 23.5 Paupack, PA
I think we finally nailed it, especially when presented to the Admiral, she exclaimed....I got you babe!!!
Ha, that's cute, but "nailed it" feels a bit close to the bone.
I might have insisted on one more guideline...
11) Must not invoke the memory of any dead guys tragically killed in a sport they loved.

Now, the Admiral is one fine lady, but tell me, has she been hangin' round any rock legends lately? Maybe singing little songs like, "Y o u 're m y b l u e - s k y y o u 're m y S U N N Y d a y"? Or maybe talking like, "We tied off to the whippin' post", when you know she meant dock piling?

Haaardy haaar haar! - I like your choice!
". . . a n d t h e b e a t g o e s o n . . ."