What's your favorite boat name?

Oct 19, 2009
oday 22 Lake New Melones
HA HA HA :D

That's the same reason you should never get a tattoo of a woman's name. :eek:

danm1

Oct 5, 2013
Hunter 356 Mamaroneck, NY
I have two favorites. Unfortunately, no pictures.

A guy in my old yacht club owned the "Finally IV"
Think about it.

Years ago I was cruising a canal and saw a house with doghouse in the yard over the water. The dog's name, painted on the doghouse, was Boat. Down at the dock, of course, was a boat named Dog.

Sep 6, 2011
Oday 322 Hawkestone YC Lake Simcoe
I saw a beautiful old boat on Georgian Bay this past summer callled " Wind Song" I have alsways wanted to rename my boat " Wind Scare " cause every time I raise my sails the wind disapears......

Dec 14, 2011
Navicula 430 Hunter Toronto
I like our boat name "The Navicula'' (latin for small ship)....my wife wouldnt let me call it "Liquor Box"..:D:D

Oct 3, 2010
oday 31 noank
seems that ones favorite boat name could be found on their own boat. would never name a boat something I didn't like

Apex

Jun 19, 2013
C&C 30 Elk Rapids
the kids wanted to name our Catalina 25 (in honor of the movie step brothers...) Catalina Wine Mixer, or Boats 'n' Hoes

Sep 14, 2010
Hunter 302 racine
We purchased a Hunter 30 in late 2010. I had severe buyers remorse & couldn't sleep for months so, we named the boat "Insomnia". While our boat was in winter storage in 2011, a power line fell on it and ignited a fire. It was a total loss. A year later we replaced that boat with another Hunter 30. We named this boat "First Mistake 2!"

Attachments

Oct 26, 2010
Hunter 40.5 Beaufort, SC
When I finally found the boat I wanted but "hesitated" a little knowing what it costs and takes to keep a boat (like we say in the Navy - they are called "she" because it takes a lot to keep her in paint and powder) my wife said to me "buy the damn boat." Gotta love her for that by the way. We almost named our boat that but thought we'd soon tire of that name.

So we named her "Song of The Sea " I wanted to do it in Gaelic but couldn't find a good word for song in Gaelic that sounded quite right even sending off to translation sites. We have grown to like Song of The Sea and get lots of compliments on the name. Our dingy is "Sea Minor"

higgs

Aug 24, 2005
Nassau 34 Olcott, NY
Saw a beautifully maintained wooden sloop with long overhangs and a small varnished mahogany transom which bore the name Fare Well. It connected with me.

Jul 13, 2010
Precision 23 Perry Hall,Baltimore County
One I HATE is "Breakin' Wind."
Stu, that hurts.. that`s the name of my boat. It was on her when I bought it, kids won`t let me change it.
Not getting hats made at Annapolis boat show this time!

Jun 27, 2013
Beneteau First 285 McFadden Cove Marina, Kaw Lake, OK
My favorite is the one I chose for my boat,"Uno Mást". A couple others I considered are David Buoy, Red Hot Keely Peppers, Mast Envy, Mast Envy No Moor, & Moon Shine.

Jan 10, 2011
Macgregor 25 675 Lake Lanier
My boat name, "Sailing With Porpoise" on the MacGregor 25 and "Porpoise" on the 11' Snark.
My favorite boat name and favorite pair of names to go sailing together.