Whats your favorite anchorage?

WayneH

Jan 22, 2008
Tartan 37 287 Pensacola, FL
May 31 03.JPG
Fort McRee, Pensacola, Fl. The day after I decided NOT to sell my boat. Failing sailing instruments, Belt on autopilot shredded, Garmin POS Chartplotter with a data card that can't be updated any more and storms nearly everyday keeping us in the Gulf ICW between Galveston and Florida. About the worst time I've ever had onboard.

But this anchorage cured all that. Replacing all the instruments later didn't much matter after that.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
View attachment 154666 ...Failing sailing instruments, Belt on autopilot shredded, Garmin POS Chartplotter with a data card that can't be updated any more and storms nearly everyday keeping us in the Gulf ICW between Galveston and Florida. About the worst time I've ever had onboard. .
Answers to the name "Lucky"..

Sep 26, 2008
Hunter 340 0 Wickford, RI
Favorite spot.....we're there when we get out of the car.
When we're out on our boat we have the feeling "we've arrived"!
IMG_0760.JPG

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
View attachment 154666
Fort McRee, Pensacola, Fl.
The first time I anchored there was on a delivery from Mobile to Tampa. We took the ICW to Pensacola to use that inlet. My berth was on one of the salon settees, and the guy on the other side of the salon snored loudly. I took a sheet topsides and slept on the foredeck. I was awakened at first light by the loud (and close aboard) exhalations of a pod of dolphins, probably 15 animals. I just sat and watched for 20 minutes as the sun came up, these guys hunted breakfast, and the rest of the crew slept. It was magical.

Mar 2, 2008
Cal 25 mk II T-Bird Marina, West Vancouver
2006_0605Image0010-M.jpg

Not my picture and I won't say where it is or everyone will go there.

Mar 1, 2012
1961 Rhodes Meridian 25 Texas coast
The first time I anchored there was on a delivery from Mobile to Tampa. We took the ICW to Pensacola to use that inlet. My berth was on one of the salon settees, and the guy on the other side of the salon snored loudly. I took a sheet topsides and slept on the foredeck. I was awakened at first light by the loud (and close aboard) exhalations of a pod of dolphins, probably 15 animals. I just sat and watched for 20 minutes as the sun came up, these guys hunted breakfast, and the rest of the crew slept. It was magical.
One of my favorite spots. In my 7 trips back and forth to Fla, I've probably anchored in there 12 times. In two different boats. The BEER Cruise almost always winds up there. Lots of fun.

May 25, 2012
john alden caravelle 42 sturgeon bay, wis
schoolhouse beach, washington island, wisconson. no dock, no services, best swim raft on the great lakes. snorkel the wreck of the wooden steamship Louisiana.
unprotected from the north, you gotta pay attention.
the winds in that area make for wonderful sailing