What’s wrong with this picture?

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
@Mark Maulden that is very possible. But I still feel the image was "enhanced" with additional saturation. But by who? The person who took the image or BoatUS? Either way, I do like it but I don't at the same time. I see too many "doctored" photos, something I didn't see when we were still using film. I get it though. Even Ansel Adams "enhanced" his photos in the darkroom. But they were black and white photos, not color.

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
Don’t get me started on Ansel Adams. He manipulated his images beginning with exposing the film in the camera. Then while the film itself was developing. Then in printing. And by don’t get me started I mean don’t get me started on how great he was. He was basically single-handidly responsible for the creation of the national parks system. He was more than a great photographer. He was a great American!

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Why does everybody think that this boat does not have both sails set correctly (on port) for starboard jibe?
To me it looks like the kite is billowing to starboard but then the furled headsail is on the wrong side. But as soon as my eye saw that it was a strange shadow on the leading edge of the kite and it is actually set to port, it looked okay.

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
So, if Ansel would have had color capability, he would not have enhanced them?
Ansel did shoot in color. But his best work is his B/W images. During my self study time in photography I ready anything Ansel Adams. Even studied his photos and have tried (operative word) to put the zone system to practice. I find myself looking at shadows for details. LOL!

Anyway, back to our regularly post about optical illusions.