What's the Lock for on Jabsco Toilet?

Aug 13, 2012
Catalina 270 Ottawa
I do need to do something because our head currently doesn't function very well and the wife isn't happy
Replacing the whole pump (as per @JamesG161) improved happiness of my wife. I imagine, though, that replacing the joker valve and lubricating the pump would work almost as well.

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
If you buy the pump assembly you still have to buy the choker valve.
The Joker valve is included. I just hook up three hoses, after a good cleaning flush. Done for , on our use, 3 seasons.:):)
Jim...

PS: You can rebuild the one removed, if you want, but be sure and get all rubber parts replaced and save the screws too. Put it this way, I would rather be sailing.;)

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
Both Jabsco and Raritan "Conversions" have been available for years. Raritan even designs their electric toilets to be "plug & play" replacements/upgrades for Jabsco. The only thing new is the base (and the name) on PH SuperFlush...the original PH and PHII bases, mounting bolt pattern aren't a match for the Jabsco manual. The Raritan SeaEra was purposely designed to replace the Jabsco 37010 electric. You can swap out manual for a different manual, manual for electric--same brand or different brand, electric for electric, replace sea water with fresh water... Any toilet bowl that mounts using a 4 bolt + pattern will fit any of the conversions.

RoyS

Jun 3, 2012
Hunter 33 Steamboat Wharf, Hull, MA
Regarding my comment that the lock does not work: I have this locking model and hoped that it would backup the joker valve. While I replace the joker valve annually, occasionally I have observed a backflow incident due probably to insufficient flush pumping. I thought this lock would prevent that but it did not. There may be other worn parts in my system that should be replaced but I do not care to investigate. My maintenance for the toilet consists of having an inlet strainer for eel grass, replacing the joker annually, and having a standby pump assembly on board for when the unit finally gives up the ghost.